𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

~

IV

~

Aiyla found her way into the Principles office, crossing her arms and glaring, "You called?"

Principle Weebs looked up from her laptop and handed a list to Aiyla, "This is for an extracurricular activity. We want our students to be well rounded."

"I prefer to remain sharp-edged," Aiyla hissed in reply, scanning the sheet.

"I took the liberty of making a list of the clubs which have openings," Weebs explained.

"How thoughtful," drawled Aiyla.

The blonde hair she-devil glared, "You need to have picked one by the end of the day. No doubt you'll find one that tickles your fancy."

Aiyla turned and walked away, "The last person who tickled me lost fingers. All of them."

...

Aiyla ignored most of the clubs and made her way straight to archery.

She sat down on a hay bale, watching as Xavier shot arrow after arrow at his target. They all hit the outer rings.

"Hey, handsome."

He turned around and smiled when he saw it was her, "You actually showed up, gazelle." He put his bow down and took off his hoodie, it was all black, but on the corner of the pocket the initials X.T were embroidered in blue. He wore a tight, long sleeved shirt that showed off his muscles. 

Aiyla could feel her heart thundering in her chest.

"You ever shot a bow and arrow before?" he inquired.

Aiyla cocked her head to the side, "Only on live targets."

He rolled his eyes, "You're as weird as Wednesday."

"Thank you."

"That wasn't a compliment."

"Maybe I'm just thanking you for the view," Aiyla smirked, eyes trailing over his upper body.

Xavier chuckled, his face going slightly red. He grabbed an arrow from the quiver. "Square stance, load the arrow like this, yellow side out." He raised the bow, muscles flexing as he did so, "Pull back... and let it fly."

Her breath hitched.

She desperately, desperately, wanted to look at the ground right now and keep her composure, but Aiyla couldn't take her eyes off of him.

What the hell was wrong with her?

He turned to her and Aiyla's eyes widened for a moment.

Calm the fuck down.

"Any questions?" Xavier inquired.

Aiyla cleared her throat, reminding herself of what Wednesday had asked her to do.

"When's the last time you saw your ex-roommate, Rowan?"