𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

~

VIII

~

"Nevermore continues to be an enigma. A place where the questions outweigh the answers," Wednesday whispered, typing away at her typewriter.

Aiyla picked up the prophecy image from the desk, "But sometimes the answer is staring you right in the face."

They two girls exchanged a glance, quickly looked back to see if Enid was still asleep, then Wednesday grabbed a torch and they crept out of the dorm.

The school was utterly silent, and deserted.

The lower they descended, the colder it became.

When they made it to the Edgar Allan Poe statue, Wednesday jumped up, and shone her flashlight onto the stone book. "They're riddles," she whispered, "Each line is their own riddle."

Aiyla grabbed the notebook and pen from the hoodie pocket, "Fire away."

"'The opposite of moon'."

"Sun."

"'A world between ours'."

"Turkey."

Wednesday glared.

"What?" Aiyla hissed in mock defence, "We're between Asia and Europe."

The Addams girl rolled her eyes, "The answer is Nether."

"I know that. I was just being sarcastic," she justified, she held up the notepad so that Wednesday could see that she had written the correct answer, "See."

"Fine. 'Two months before June'." 

"April."

"'A self seeding flower'."

"Pansy."

"'One more than one'."

"2."

"'Its leaves weep to the ground'."

"Willow."

"'It melts in the sun'."

"Weem's foundation." Wednesday raised her eyes in amusement and Aiyla smirked, "What? You have to admit that was a good one."

"You're delusional," Wednesday mused.

"I know the answer is Ice," Aiyla snapped, "Carry on."

She sighed, exasperatedly, "'It's beginning and end never found'."

"Bianca's hairline."

Wednesday cracked a half smile. "I liked that one, actually."

Aiyla winked, "See, I'm getting good at this. It's circle though. Are there any more?"