𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

~

VII

~

And hour later, when they were all cleaned and dried - and in their uniforms again - the Black Cats stood on the stage in the quad in front of the school.

"The first Poe Cup took place in 1897, as a way to not only honour Nevermore's most famous alumni, but honour those values that all outcasts share," Weems announced to the school, "Community, perseverance, determination."

More like chaos, crime and murder.

"And we certainly saw those values on display today," Weems handed Enid the trophy as the quad burst into deafaning cheers. "Congratulations to Ophelia Hall."

Wednesday and Aiyla exchanged a disgruntled look and both of them walked away.

They made their way through the hall and towards the Edgar Allan Poe statue, sitting down at the ledge by his feet. Wednesday let out a sigh, and Aiyla leaned her head against the stone and closed her eyes.

"So, the vision?" Aiyla inquired.

"They've been happening for about a year now," Wednesday revealed, "They feel like electroshock therapy but without the satisfying afterburn."

"Ouch," Aiyla hummed.

"They can be of the future, or the past," Wednesday admitted, "This time, I saw a girl, she looked a bit like me - but from the past, I think. She held a black, leather bound book."

"Did she say anything?" she asked.

She nodded, "She said 'You are the key' and that's it."

"Wow." Aiyla looked up, and sighed, opening her mouth to say something - but her eyes locked on the stone book the statue was holding.

On the book, the symbol of the Nightshades was engraved.

"Wendy," Aiyla hissed, pointing up and the Addams girl looked up to see the book, eyes widening in surprise.

Before either of them could say anything, however Enid's voice broke through the silence, "What are you doing down here?" She grabbed their shoulders and hauled them up.

"Hiding," Wednesday revealed.

"People keep smiling at us and it's unsettling," Aiyla explained, as they walked.

Enid shoved her shoulder slightly, "It's called having your moment. You took down Bianca Barclay. Try to enjoy it."

"And not by giving Xavier a blowjob in the woods," Wednesday mused.

Aiyla rolled her eyes, "For the last time, nothing actually happened."

"The girls want to know if you want to hang out later," Enid declared to them as they entered the quad, where students sat on tables and milled around. "Come on, it's not going to kill you."

"We'll think about it," Wednesday stated.

They watched as Enid squealed and cheered as she sat at her table, grinning at the Poe Cup.

"It's good to see you fitting in."

They turned to see Weems, who smiled fakely, "Just like your mother."

"My mother and I are two different people/species/everything," Wednesday reminded.

"The last time Ophelia Hall won the Poe Cup, your mother captained the team," Weebs revealed, "I was her co-piolet. Maybe you two are more alike than you think."