𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

~

XXXIV

~

Life was empty since Bahadir and Emine left.

The colour in the world faded.

The music in the birds quieted.

The awe in the books ended.

It all faded away.

Except for the bright, gorgeous green of Xavier Thorpe's eyes.

Aiyla sat on his bed, leaning into his shoulder. He had an arm around her as he read a book. Aiyla was busy fletching some arrows she had made.

She'd used good quality feathers, and had dyed the wood a lovely deep brown. 

The arrows were for Xavier.

He didn't know that yet.

"You know," the aforementioned boy hummed, breaking the silence, "It's such a strange coincidence that you and Wednesday share a birthday and your best friends. Like - how many people were born on Friday 13th and meet?"

Aiyla's jaw clenched. "I don't celebrate my birthday."

Xavier bit his lip, "I know."

Her large brown eyes flitted to his and she narrowed them as she searched his face, "Why?"

"Just curious," Xavier shifted and put his book down, he tucked a curl behind her ear and kissed her forehead, "My sweet gazelle."

Aiyla blushed.

She could feel her heart palpitating so fast that she was sure it could be heard.

She placed the arrow down on the pile and turned to face him, her hand riding up his chest to tangle itself into his hair. There were a million things Aiyla wanted to say in that moment, instead she said: "I love your hair."

Xavier laughed and leaned down, "You don't say."

His eyes were flickering from her eyes to her lips in what seemed to be every millisecond. She could feel the heat of his breath and her blood began to rush. Aiyla closed her eyes and pulled him slightly towards her, in a silent yes.

And the next thing Aiyla Demir knew, Xavier's lips were on hers.

The kiss was soft and sincere at first. A gentle way of showing care and understanding.

But then Xavier's hand was on her waist, and both of Aiyla's were in his hair, and a trail of butterflies exploded in her stomach. Somehow the kiss became hungrier, needier. Until the two were a mess of fluttering lips and gasping breaths.

She was making out with Xavier Thorpe.

Xavier's lips travelled to Aiyla's neck, causing her to writhe as she let out a breathy whine. His touch was electrifying.