𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔

~

II

~

Aiyla sang softly to herself as she unbraided her hair, letting the curls spring free. She sat on her bed, which was thankfully on Wednesday's side of the room.

Wednesday sat at her desk, typing away at her typewriter.

Enid lay on her bed, smiling at her phone as she texted someone.

"What song is that?" Wednesday inquired, not taking her eyes off of the typewriter.

Aiyla stopped singing, "Paint it Black - "

"- Ciara," Wednesday finished.

She nodded, "Of course."

"I adore that song," Wednesday revealed, "I play it on my cello all the time."

"We have to duet one day," Aiyla insisted.

That moment, however, a knock resonated from the door, before it swung open to reveal a red-haired woman wearing glasses, and muddy red boots.

"Hi! I'm Ms. Thornhill, you're dorm mom," she held a plant in her hands and walked over to Aiyla. "I trust Enid and Wednesday have given you the old Nevermore welcome."

"It's like they're injecting me with hospitality," Aiyla replied. "I intend to return the favour." She paused, "In their sleep."

Enid's eyes widened and Wednesday smirked.

"Here's a little welcome gift from the conservatory - I try to match the right flower to each of my girls. When I heard of you - this came to mind," Thornhill declared handing Aiyla the plant.

"The black rose," Aiyla mused, "Have you been stalking my Pinterest?"

"A little," Thornhill laughed.

"Your aesthetics boards are to die for," Enid quipped.

"Thank you."

"Before I leave, I want to go over a few house rules. Lights off at 10, no loud music, and no boys. At all," Thornhill smiled, "Any questions?"

Aiyla shook her head and turned away, placing the potted rose on her beside table.

"Great talk," she smiled and waved, before leaving.

Aiyla turned to Enid. "You all find ways around the last rule, don't you?"

Enid smirked, "Whose the boy?"

"There isn't one," Aiyla answered - and Onyx gave a squawk of protest that Aiyla ignored. "Just in case I ever get bored."

Enid laughed as Aiyla sat down on her bed. The Turkish girl turned to Onyx, observing her crow for a moment.

The crow Xavier Thorpe, the tortured artist had painted on the wall in the quad.

Almost as if they were destined to meet.

...

The next morning, the chaotic singer made her way through the school alongside Wednesday - a newfound friend.

It was ironic that they had bonded so quickly, but it was inevitable. 

"...and Rowan's dead, but no one believes me," Wednesday finished.

Aiyla stayed silent for a moment before turning to the girl beside her, "I do. And if that means anything, then we can go look for the monster together."