4: Time Still Hasn't Healed Me

Laura's POV:

I can tell Adele has been under a lot of stress lately. Well, obviously, she's a literal pop star that everyone adores, and she doesn't want to disappoint people. She thinks her newest album was a huge let-down for everyone because it didn't consist of many bangers. In my opinion, I think this album is saving a lot of lives and healing many people, and personally, I think that's all that matters.

As the plane landed, I could see Adele gradually growing more nervous. I think I know the reason why, but I don't want to bring it up. I know it'll make her emotional, and I don't think she's told Rich about it yet. I'm just going to leave it at that.

I know the 3rd of July is a day after her shows, so I guess I understand her feelings. I don't know why she would set up her shows a day before.

Kind of stupid, but maybe she had no choice in the dates.

Adele's POV:

As the plane landed, we grabbed all our bags and started our journey to my mum's house.

You're probably thinking, 'Why don't you just stay at a hotel?'

Well, why on earth would we stay in a hotel? I get to revisit all my old childhood memories in my house and see my mother. It was kind of a no-brainer.

As we were walking to the car and Rich was walking ahead of Laura and me with our bags, Laura gently touched my shoulder and turned me around.

"Del, are you alright? I could tell your mood changed when we landed," Laura asked me with concern.

"Yeah, I think I'm fine. It's just all the past emotions that this city has made me feel, and I'm gonna be seeing my mum that I haven't seen in so long and..." I trailed off in my sentence and looked down at the all-too-familiar floor.

Laura held me by the arms and said almost in a whisper, "I know."

She pulled me in for a hug and squeezed me. She gently wiped a tear that had escaped my eye that I didn't even notice.

Rich was still walking ahead, so he hadn't picked up on the mood change, and I didn't want him to.

I didn't want him to know yet.

We continued to walk to the car and finally managed to locate it in the huge parking lot.

We jumped in and drove to my mum's. My excitement was clearly visible on my face now. I looked like a kid in a candy shop, and Laura noticed my huge smile. She just laughed at me and continued to look ahead at the road. I was so excited to be home, yet I could feel a stone in my heart.

Time still hasn't healed me. Quite frankly, I don't think it ever will...