11: Stage Fright

Adele's POV:

"Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t," I muttered under my breath.

"What's wrong?" one of my crew members asked, noticing my distress.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," I admitted, feeling my stomach churn with nerves.

"Oh, come on, Adele. You know you'll be fine. Don't stress about it, honey," she reassured me with a comforting smile.

"Okay, thanks for the reassurance, but man, this stage fright pisses me off," I confessed, frustration evident in my voice.

She chuckled at my predicament and continued to check if the stage was ready.

I secured my monitors around my waist and inserted my in-ears. Testing the microphone, the sound came through perfectly. Despite my efforts, I couldn't calm my nerves. I still hadn't found a cure for stage fright, and it seemed unlikely that I ever would. I started taking deep breaths in an attempt to soothe myself.

The crowd's cheers filled the air, and a small smile crept onto my face. I was doing this for them, for my Daydreamers. If they enjoyed the night, then I did too. Last night's show had been one of my best, and I hoped tonight would be the same.

Adrenaline surged through me when Jonathan's voice came through my in-ears, signaling it was time to go on stage. As my pianist started playing the introduction to "Hello," I knew it was my cue. I walked onto the stage, adjusting my monitors. The entire Hyde Park erupted with noise as I stepped forward, and my eyes immediately sought out my loved ones in the VIP section.

Bringing the mic to my mouth, I sang the word "Hello," and suddenly, all my nerves disappeared.

Unknown Name's POV:

I still couldn't believe I was at Hyde Park, listening to the one and only Adele from the VIP section. As I continued to admire the crowd, their chants for Adele to come on stage grew louder. After about three minutes of anticipation, the crowd erupted in screams and applause. She was finally coming on stage.

I had decided to leave my phone on the couch and soak in every moment live, without distractions. When Adele sang the word "Hello," I joined in the screaming and clapping. Despite her shaky voice, likely due to nerves, she captivated the audience. Performing in front of such a large crowd would make anyone nervous.

One thing I realised we had in common was severe stage fright, yet she managed to hide it so well.

As Adele continued singing, I could see her starting to loosen up. She cracked jokes, laughed, and became emotional. That's why I admired her so much. She was authentic, unique, and a total boss, especially when she was on stage. I wished I had that kind of confidence.

Simon's POV:

As Adele began her show, I noticed a girl sitting on the patio, completely engrossed in Adele's performance. She wasn't taking photos or videos, just appreciating the moment. She looked like she was in her teenage years and appeared to be alone.

"Hey, Rich," I called out.

"Yeah, man?" he responded.

"Do you know who that girl is?" I asked, pointing to the patio.

"No, but let me ask security. She doesn't look like she should be in the VIP section," he replied, sounding dismissive.

'What an asshole,' I thought to myself.

"No, no, no. I don't think that's necessary. I can see she's wearing the VIP ticket around her neck, so that's not the problem. I'm just wondering why she's sitting there all alone," I explained, feeling concerned.

"I don't know, man. That sounds like her problem, but I'm gonna enjoy the rest of the show," he said, pulling out his phone to take videos of the crowd.

'What an absolute d*ckhead,' I thought again.

"Hey, Angelo," I called to my son.

"Yeah, dad?" he responded.

"You see that girl over there?" I pointed to the girl on the patio.

"Yeah," he replied.

"Why don't you go and talk to her? She seems close to your age and looks like she's sitting there all alone. She might appreciate some company," I suggested.

"Are you crazy, dad? Why would I randomly go and talk to her? That might seem a little creepy," he said, unsure of my idea.

"No, it won't. I think she'll appreciate it. Besides, you're not really going to watch your mother sing the whole night, so just go and chat with her a bit. You might enjoy your night even more," I encouraged him.

"Dad, I don't know..." he trailed off, hesitant.

"You know that PlayStation you've been wanting?" I began, but before I could finish, Angelo rushed off to the girl.

I chuckled at his enthusiasm. 'Definitely my boy.'