45: Strong

Lia's POV:

"Rich! Stop!" I shouted as I ran towards my bedroom. Just as I was about to grab the door handle, he grabbed me by the shoulders and shoved me against the door.

"You little b*tch, you think you can run from me, huh?" he said with a smirk on his face.

"Rich, please don't do this, please stop this," I said, tears streaming down my face. He just stood there and laughed like a lunatic.

"If you seriously think you're going to get off the hook that easily, then you have another thing coming," he said, lifting my skirt up.

"Rich, no!"

I shot up on the couch, sweat beads forming on my face, my lungs out of breath, my heart beating super fast.

"Honey-" I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders and I immediately flinched. "Hey, it's just me, Li," Mum said, caressing my face, trying to calm me down.

"Nightmare?" she asked, and I just nodded in response. "I also had a nightmare earlier, that's why I woke up. Kind of in a similar way you did."

"What was your nightmare about?" I asked Mum. She stayed quiet for a while, contemplating if she should answer or not.

"I had a dream that someone was hurting you... badly. They were abusing you. I kept on running up and down the house, trying to find you, and as soon as I finally found you, you were-" She choked on her tears. "You were dead," she said, trying so hard to keep her tears from falling.

I looked at her, shocked, because her nightmare isn't that far from my reality. I brought her into a tight hug, trying to comfort her as much as possible. I smoothed down her hair and whispered to her, "Mum, I'm okay, I'm here. Don't worry, I'm a strong, just like my mother," I said with a gentle smile.

"My beautiful, strong baby. What did I do to deserve you?" she asked while putting a loose piece of hair behind my ear.

"I guess God blessed you with me, because he knew that we needed each other," I responded.

She brought me into a tight hug and laid us down again. She kissed my forehead and wrapped her arms around me.

"I love you, Li, always," and after she said those words, I was lights out.

Simon's POV:

I'd been chilling at home the whole day. I had nothing to do because I'd been on my break for 2 months now and I still had a month left.

I knew Adele left with Angelo to go and watch an animation at the movie cinema because she came to pick him up at my house.

I didn't think Lia went with them to the cinema, so I decided that I was going to check what she was doing. Maybe we could also watch a movie at my house.

I casually walked across the street, texting Lia to let her know I'm on my way to the house, but before I sent the message. I heard a huge noise coming from their house and I heard a high-pitched scream, which I assumed was Lia.

"Lia!" I shouted, running across the street.

I barged through the door and started to search the entire house. "Lia! Where are you!" I shouted, running around the place like a maniac.

"Dad?" I heard Lia say from her room. I ran towards it as fast as I could, and as soon as I came rushing through her room, I saw Lia just lying on her bed.

"Hey Dad, are you okay?" she asked, putting her phone down. "No no no, are you okay?" I asked, very concerned.

"Yeah, of course, why wouldn't I be?" she said with a smile on her face. Something seemed off. She kept the conversation very straightforward, which seemed very unlike her.

"Lia," I said sternly.

"Dad," she said sternly back.

"What was that noise I heard?" and as soon as I said that, I could tell she was panicking.

"What noise?" she asked, cluelessly.

"I heard a huge noise from the street and someone screaming."

"Oh, that must've been Rich, he's watching a horror movie," she answered quickly.

She kept on covering the bedding over her legs, almost as if she was trying to hide something.

"Lia, that wasn't a movie, it sounded like you were screaming."

"Why would I have screamed, Dad?" she asked, still pulling on the bedding.

"I don't know, you tell me." There was a moment of silence. "What's under your bedding?" I asked, looking straight at it. Her eyes widened, and she hesitantly answered, "Nothing..." I could hear her take a huge gulp.

"Lia, show me what's under your bedding, right now," I said sternly.

"No Dad, I'm- I'm not wearing any pants," she said, trying to defend herself.

"Lia, show me," I said, walking towards the bed. "Dad! No!" she said, holding onto the cover. We were both yanking on it. "Dad! Stop!" she said, with tears forming in her eyes.

"No! Show me what's-" She lost her grip, and the bed cover came flying onto the floor. The mattress was covered in blood, and her legs were covered in bruises and cuts.

"Sh*t, Lia! What happened? We need to get you to a hospital!" I shouted in concern. I tried to scoop her up from the bed, but she pushed my arms away.

"Dad, you can't!" she yelled at me.

"What do you mean I can't! You're bleeding, baby!" I yelled back.

"Dad, please, just don't call the hospital, I'll clean this up, okay?"

"How did this happen?" I yelled. "Did someone do this to you?"

"No, Dad, I-"

"Don't you dare lie to me Lia," I said sternly. She stared at me for a moment, and then she broke down into tears. I think I've broken down her walls that she has been trying so hard to keep up.

"Hey, come here," I said sitting on the bed, holding onto my baby. "Shh, it's going to be okay, I promise," I said while rubbing my hand up and down her back, trying to comfort her.

"Dad, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry," she said while sobbing into my chest.

"Sorry about what, baby?" I asked while caressing her face.

"For not telling you guys."

"Telling us what?"