6: I Will Always be with You

Unknown Name's POV:

The doctors rushed in, frantically trying to stabilise my mum as the machines beeped relentlessly. I sat in the corner of the room, overwhelmed with grief.

"Ma'am, you need to leave the room," a nurse told me.

I left, still sobbing uncontrollably. After about 10 minutes, the machines quieted down, and the doctors let out sighs of relief. A nurse approached me and said I could go back in, but my time with her was limited, so I should consider saying goodbye.

My heart shattered at her words, but I nodded. I walked to my mum's bed, and she lifted her hand for me to hold.

"Mum, I'm going to miss you so much," I sobbed.

"Don't worry, baby, I'll always be with you."

"I know," I whispered.

I watched as my mum grew weaker, and it tore me apart. After a while, she broke the silence.

"I hope you can forgive me..." she said unexpectedly.

"Forgive you? Why would I need to forgive you? This isn't your fault," I said, confused.

She reached for something on her bedside table and handed me two envelopes. I was utterly bewildered.

"Everything you need to know is in these letters."

"But-"

"No 'buts.' Believe everything in those letters and do everything in the other one. I believe in you, honey," she said, cupping my cheek and wiping away a tear.

After a brief silence, she softly said, "I love you..."

"To the moon and back," I finished.

And with that, her hand fell from my cheek, and her last breath escaped her lungs.

That's it.

She's gone.