46: The Plan

Simon's POV:

"What!" I shouted in a harsh tone when Lia just told me everything. I can't believe my eldest child, my only baby girl, has been suffering in silence.

"How could he have done this to you!" My entire body was filled with anger and disgust. All I wanted to do is run up to Rich and beat the sh*t out of him. I was making a fist with my hand and you could see the white on my knuckles of how angry I was.

I think Lia could tell I was about to go and beat up Rich, but then quickly stopped me. "Dad you can't do anything about this, please," she begged me.

"What do you mean I can't do anything about this! Lia, he abused you, he took advantage of you! How do you expect me not to do anything about it?" I yelled, not towards her but in frustration.

"Dad, do you honestly think I would've kept quiet for so long if he didn't have a hold on me. He's blackmailing me Dad. He said if I tell anyone about this, he will hurt both Mum and Angelo," she said with a scared look on her face.

"Bubs, I won't ever allow that to happen, I won't ever allow him to hurt you guys-"

"But you did," she said in a sharp tone. I was caught off guard with her bluntness and honesty. There were tears forming in her eyes.

"You did allow it. You didn't see any of the signs that I gave you guys and even if you did, you chose to ignore them."

I was so shocked by her words, that I was left speechless. I knew it was the truth, but I didn't want to admit it. Lia realised there was an awkward silence between us, so she took the gap to continue with her argument.

"But Dad, we can't do anything about it, because Rich said that if we expose him, he will make it look like you were the one abusing me," she explained.

"And how the f*ck will he do that?" I asked confused.

"I don't know Dad, but he said that I shouldn't underestimate him. There are other people working with him."

There was a short moment of silence. "You know everytime Rich and I go to 'watch basketball'," she said.

"Yeah?" I asked. She gave me one look and I knew exactly what I meant. "Wait, what! You mean other men have also been hurting you? Not just Rich!" I yelled in pure anger. She just bowed her head and started shaking.

I immediately enveloped her in my arms, trying to make her feel safe. I kissed her forehead and told her, "Don't worry Bubs, I'll fix this. I'll make sure this will all end very soon. Thank you so much for trusting me."

"Thank you Dad, for making me feel safe," she whispered while her head was resting on my chest.

"I love you," I told her.

"I love you too."

***

I have no idea how we are going to fix this, but I knew I had to find a way. I'm still hestitant of telling Adele about this, because I know as soon as she finds out, she'll be like an explosive bomb.

I told Lia she can stay at my house for this week, so that she doesn't have to face Rich. I don't want her to leave my side at all, so I always make sure that she's in my sight.

I need to think of a plan, and it needs to be a clean and slick plan, where Rich doesn't even know what hit him. I just need to think...

3 hours later - (In Spongebob voice)

Okay, I've finally figured out a plan, but it might include Lia getting hurt one last time, and it absolutely breaks my heart, but if this means her pain will end forever, then it's worth it.

I told Lia about the plan and she agreed to it. "Don't worry Dad, I can handle it. I'm strong," she said with a gentle smile.

"I know Bubs, I know you are," I said while hugging her. "You know we need to tell your mother about this, right?"

Her smile immediately faded and fear was visible on her face. I grabbed her hand and asked, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I'm just scared..." She said.

"About?" I asked in confusion.

"About Mum finding out," she said shamefully.

"Why would you be scared of that Lia? She loves you so much and she'd do anything for you, and that's why we need her help," I explained.

"But Dad, I've disappointed her. I've lied to her. I know her heart is going to break when she finds out that I told you first and not her. And goodness knows how badly I wanted to tell her first. But I just couldn't..." she said.

I lifted her chin and told her, "Lia, that is far from the truth, she's never been disappointed in you and quite frankly, I don't think she'll ever be. Tell her that you wanted more than anything to tell her the truth, but you were just scared. She'll understand, I promise," I said looking into her eyes.

"Are you sure?" She asked me, her eyes becoming glossy.

"100%" I said kissing her forehead. "I've already texted Mum, so she'll be here any moment now," and just as I said that, we heard the doorbell. We both turn to each other and let a deep breath.

"Okay, let's go," she said while gripping onto my hand.

Writer's Note:
Oh crap, Mama A is about to explode.