20: Where were you!

Adele's POV:

I was absolutely heartbroken when I left Lia's hospital room. Never in my life did I think that's how my child would react to me telling her that I am her mother. I always imagined her being overjoyed with happiness that we had finally found her. That she was finally safe from that crazy woman, but no, she was the complete opposite. My heart shattered into pieces when she told us, "You're not my parents," and I'm sure Simon's did as well.

We left the hospital with heavy hearts, knowing that Lia's current condition would not be good with all this stress, so that's why we left without putting up a fight.

The entire ride home, Simon and I were completely quiet, not a single word was said. As we pulled into my mum's driveway, he turned to me slowly. I just stared into his tired, puffy eyes, and for the first time in 3 years, our minds became one again. I knew exactly what he was feeling and what he was thinking, and he could say the exact same thing for me.

He slowly enveloped me into a hug and whispered in my ear, "She'll be in our arms again, I promise."

I squeezed him tighter, and after a while, we released from the much-needed hug. We got out of the car and walked to the front door of my mum's house. Just after I opened the door, I was tackled by Laura.

"Where were you guys! You had us worried sick!" She said very concerned.

"It's a very long story, Laura," Simon said, closing the door behind him.

"Adele! Oh my goodness, where were you guys?" My mum said while hugging me.

"What Simon said, Mum, it's a long story," I said, exhausted.

"Well, you guys need to explain to us what happened. You can't just expect us not to know," my mum said with her arms crossed.

"We will Mum, can I just please go see if Angelo is okay?" I said while rubbing my temples.

"Of course, honey. We're just concerned about where you were. None of you answered your phones," she said, worried.

"I know, I know, and I'm very sorry," I said, walking towards my old room where I assumed Angelo was.

As I walked into the room, I heard my little angel calling me.

"Mum?"

"Yes, baby, it's me," I said, sitting next to him on the bed. I ran my fingers through his hair. This always seemed to calm him down instantly.

"Where were you? You left so quickly after the show?"

"Baby, something really important happened, and I had to leave. I'll explain everything to you tomorrow," I said with a gentle voice.

We just sat there for a while in the dark room, silence engulfing our ears. Suddenly, Angelo broke the silence.

"I met the coolest girl at the show, Mum," he said, excited.

"Oh, did you now? Was she your type?" I asked with a smirk.

"Ew no, Mum. It wasn't like that," he playfully hit my shoulder, and I just giggled. "She was just so nice, and I really got along with her. She was also older than me, though," he continued.

"Oh, what was her name?" I asked, trying to sound interested.

"Her name was Lia."

Once again, my heart dropped when I heard her name, then it completely melted when I remembered all the sweet things Angelo had just said about her.

"Angelo, what if I told you, you were going to see Lia much more often?" I said, running my fingers through his hair.

"Are you serious? That would be amazing," he said, excited.

My heart swelled with happiness, hearing the way Angelo already spoke about his sister. It comforted me in such an amazing way.

Maybe everything was going to be okay in the end...