52: Don't Leave Me

Adele's POV:

"No!" We all yelled in unison. It was as if everything was happening in slow motion. Angelo's mouth still moving, Rich sprinting towards my baby boy, us all yelling.

I was so out of it that I didn't even realise Simon had detangled himself from Lia and I. He was sprinting full blast towards Rich.

"Simon!" "Dad!" Lia and I yelled at the same time.

It was all happening so fast, but in my mind, everything was slowed down. Suddenly my mind adjusted to reality, and Simon tackled Rich to the floor. I could hear Simon groan when he fell to the ground.

"Run, Angelo!" Simon yelled, and Peanut did as he said. Lia and I were still on the ground, trying to comprehend what just happened.

Simon delivered three hard blows to Rich's face, causing him to fall headfirst onto the concrete floor, and it seemed as if he was unconscious.

"Yes, Dad!" Lia shouted with excitement, but Simon just held his stomach and fell to the ground.

"Dad!" "Si!" Lia and I shouted at the same time again.

We ran towards him as fast as possible, and as soon as we reached him, we laid him on his back.

He was stabbed.

"No!" I yelled, tears forming in my eyes.

"Call 911!" Lia yelled to one of the officers, who immediately got their phones out and dialed the number.

I was a sobbing mess. I tried to put pressure where the wound was, but my hands were shaking, so Lia took over and pressed as hard as she could.

My hands were covered with his blood. I started to slap his face lightly. "Simon, you need to-" I caught my breath again. "You need to stay awake," I said, my breath hitching from how much I was crying.

"Mmm," he groaned.

I held both sides of his face and looked into his eyes and softly said, "Don't leave us, don't leave me, please," I begged, while my tears fell onto his cheeks.

"I won't, I promise," he said in a soft whisper, grasping my hand.

I put both of my hands on top of his while Lia sat next to me, holding pressure on his stab wound.

I can't lose him. He was one of the only things that have been keeping me stable and sane in these last few years, including Peanut and Lia. We've been through so much together, and I wouldn't trade those memories for the world. Just the thought of losing him breaks my heart into a million pieces, and I can't imagine how Lia is feeling right now. She just got her father back, and now she's seeing him in this state. Seeing him like this from my point of view makes me want to give all my strength to him. I love him so much that I will be prepared to do anything for him. He will forever be one of the-, no, he will forever be the love of my life, and I would sacrifice my life for him, including any of my children, and I know he will do the exact same thing for me and our kids, because that's the type of loving, caring, protective, and incredible person he is.

I slightly turn my head and see Rich lying on the floor unconscious. I'm pretty sure Lia could see steam coming out of my ears from rage.

I jump up quickly and sprint towards him. Just before I was about to jump on his back, one of the officers caught me.

"I'm going to kill you, you b*stard! You're a f*cking piece of sh*t!" I yelled at him, even though I knew he couldn't hear me, or that's what I thought. He slowly starts to lift up his arm, and initially I thought he was trying to get up, but still with his face lying flat to the ground, he just lifts up his hand and points the middle finger at me.

My mouth drops from shock, but then rage completely engulfs my every nerve. I try my best to wiggle out of the officer's arms, which I successfully do. Just as I was about to go and beat him up, another officer grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"You're very feisty, Miss Adkins," said the policeman holding my arm.

"If you didn't help me save my child, I would've punched your nose right now, and continued until it broke," I said with a lot of built-up anger. He slowly releases his grip on me, and I walk back to Simon and Lia, slowly kneeling down beside them.

"Si, quickly squeeze my hand as hard as you can," I said while taking a hold of his hand. He squeezes it with a lot of effort, but I could tell his strength was slowly slipping away from him.

"How far are the bloody ambulance?" I asked, annoyed.

"They'll be here any moment."

"You're gonna be alright, okay? Just stay strong and try your best to stay awake too," I said, kissing the back of his hand.

"Mum?" Lia asked. I lifted my eyes to meet hers, and I could see my reflection through her glossy eyes.

"Yes, baby?" I asked. "Is Dad going to be okay?" She sniffed.

"Aw, Bubs, come here," I said, scooting my position and putting my arm around her, while still holding onto one of Simon's hands.

"He's going to be okay," I said, kissing the side of her head. Even I was trying to reassure myself that he was going to be okay. Lia continued to hold pressure on the wound, and it seemed to be working.

Suddenly we hear sirens approaching from a distance.

"Finally!" I yelled.

The paramedics came barging into the house and straight towards Simon. They started asking us basic questions like when was he stabbed and how did it happen. They didn't even take into consideration who I was and that I was famous, they just immediately helped Simon without hesitation, which proves how professional they were.

They rushed him into the ambulance, and they told us that we could follow them to the hospital. Lia and I jumped into the car as quickly as possible. The officers took Rich into the police van, and they told us that we didn't need to worry about him and his friends anymore, which was probably such a huge relief for Lia.

While we were driving in the car, I rang Dave's Mum. The phone rang about 5 times before she answered.

"Hey, Adele," she said politely.

"Hey, Marie, listen, I just wanted to know if Angelo is okay and if-"

"What do you mean? Angelo isn't with me?"

And right there and then, my heart stopped.