8: Taste of Heaven

Adele's POV:

"I'm so excited for my shows!" I exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Me too, I can't wait to see you perform after such a long time," Laura said with a huge smile on her face.

"I just hope nothing goes wrong."

"Nothing will go wrong, Adele. You're just being paranoid," Laura said with a laugh.

"I know, it's just my team said they have a surprise for me, and it's gonna be on stage. You know how I hate surprises."

"I know, I know, but we need to go now. Angelo is probably waiting with Simon," Laura said.

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go," I said on my way to the car.

Unknown name's POV:

Two days later, and I've finally decided I'm going to her concert.

Every day is getting better without her, but I still miss her a lot. The house is so much quieter without her.

Who am I kidding, the house is dead without her.

I went to the shops to get an outfit to wear to the concert. I decided to go with a cute brown jumpsuit with a plain white top, some converse, and glasses. I thought the brown jumpsuit would look cute with my brunette hair.

After getting everything I needed, I went back home and decided to go through the photos of mum and I when we were young. The smallest smile formed on my face when I saw the pictures of mum and I. Ugh, I miss her so much...

Simon's POV:

Angelo and I finally landed, and we're just waiting for Adele and Laura to come and pick us up.

The two of us are going to be staying at our old house, while Adele and Rich will be staying at her mum's.

I decided to keep the old house because I had a lot of business here in London, and I often come here with Angelo for holidays.

As Angelo and I patiently waited for Adele to arrive, we ended up having a casual conversation about 'What was the guy that discovered milk doing to the cow?' As our topic grew more intriguing, I heard a familiar voice shout Angelo's nickname.

"Peanut!" the voice shouted. Angelo grew red with embarrassment.

I smiled as I saw Angelo wishing the earth could just swallow him up.

"Mum, not in public," he whined.

"Oh, hush and come give me a hug," she said, and he did, accompanied by a peck on the lips and a small squeeze.

"Did you grow a few inches? I told you not to," Adele asked Angelo.

"Yeah, I actually did, mum. Dad gave me a beer, and now I'm a man," Angelo said nonchalantly, but he had a smirk smeared on his face.

Adele's head shot towards me with her eyes widened.

"He's lying!" I said, referring to her wordless accusation.

She raised her eyebrows at me.

"Okay, okay, but he seriously only took a sip. The boy needs to know the taste of heaven, Adele," I admitted.

"Taste of beer, Simon," she corrected. "Not heaven," she mumbled.

"Oh, I know what heaven tastes like," I mumbled.

"What did you just say?" Adele asked as she snapped her head towards me.

"Oh, nothing, let's go," I swiftly turned around, grabbed our bags, and carried them to the car.