49: 08:30 am

Adele's POV:

"Okay, so I've got 3 cameras in total. I know exactly where I'm going to place them, and I'm sure that Rich isn't going to notice any of them," I said.

"Okay, perfect," Lia responded.

"He hasn't hurt you again since we've last spoken, right?" I asked her.

"No, Mum, I would've told you. He usually does give me like 2-3 day gaps in between."

"Okay, well, I'm gonna head home. Angelo is probably waiting for me to go and make dinner."

"Wait, did you leave Angelo alone at home with Rich?" I almost yelled at her.

"No, of course, I wouldn't do that. Rich has been stuck at work the entire day, which actually works out better for me, because when I see his face I just want to punch it," she said with so much anger.

"Mum, calm down, he's going to get arrested tomorrow, don't worry about it. We only have to bear with him another day," I said, grabbing her hand, trying to calm her down.

"I know, it's just difficult for me to keep a poker face, especially now that I know that he's hurt you," she said while hugging me.

"It's okay, he'll pay for what he's done."

Next day...

Lia's POV:

I woke up with a heavy heart this morning. Today is the day where all my physical pain will end. Obviously, I will be carrying my mental pain with me for a while, but there's nothing that my family and I can't work through.

So much can go wrong today, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I sit up in my bed, trying to observe the calmness of the morning and the beauty of the sunrise. I hear a gentle knock on my door, and Dad walks in with breakfast on a tray with some mango juice.

"Morning, my love," he said, giving me a kiss on the forehead and sitting next to me on the bed. "So, today is the big day."

"Yeah, it is," I said, letting out a sigh. I think Dad could see the worry on my face, so he brought me into his embrace and reassured me, "Everything is going to be okay, the plan is gonna work," Dad said while lifting my chin.

"But what if it doesn't?" I asked while fiddling with my fingers.

"Well, then Mum can kill him," he said with a serious expression, but both of us quickly burst into fits of laughter.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I lowkey think she's been wanting to kill him ever since I came back into your lives," I said with a giggle.

"Yeah, I think so too," Dad responded with a chuckle. There was a comfortable silence, but I chose to break it.

"Dad?" I asked softly.

"Mmm?" He hummed back.

"Do you think you and Mum will get back together?"

He seemed shocked by my question. "Wow, that was quite random."

"Yeah, but I'd like to know if you think there could be a possibility, because if you believe that there could be a slightest chance of you and Mum getting back together, then half the work is already done."

Dad took about a minute to respond to my question. "Lia, your mother and I love each other very much, and for a while, that was enough, but I don't know if we'll get back together again," he said with a sad expression on his face.

"But why?"

"I don't actually have an answer to that. When we were together, we never used to come to terms with something, or agree with anything. We used to just argue all the time."

"Wasn't that because you guys didn't find me yet?"

It was as if Dad just had the biggest realisation.

"See! You guys were under the influence of stress and grief because at that time you guys didn't find me yet, but now you have. I've seen how you and Mum interact with each other. You guys obviously still care a lot about each other and love each other, so why can't you just be together?"

"I-" Just as Dad was about to answer, we heard the doorbell ring. "That must be your mother," Dad said with a smile, quickly getting up and leaving the room.

"You can't avoid it forever, Dad!" I shouted from my room.

"Yes, I can!" He shouted back, which caused me to giggle.

About 2 minutes later Mum came rushing into my room and tackled me on the bed. "Mum! What are you doing!" I said while laughing.

"Smothering you with my love," she said, kissing my cheeks non-stop.

"Okay, okay, I get it, you're obsessed with me," I said with a smirk.

"Totally and fully obsessed," she said while smiling from ear to ear.

"Where's Angelo?" I asked.

"He's at a friend's house, I don't want him to witness any of this."

"Yeah, me too," I responded.

I just lay there with Mum lying on top of me, taking in the moment.

"What time is it?" I asked her.

"08:30 am."

"Sh*t! I need to get ready!" I said, pushing Mum off of me and jumping up from my bed while running to the bathroom to take a shower.

"Language!" Mum scolded me.

"Oh, you're one to talk," I responded with cheekiness.

"Okay, fair enough, but try not to swear, Bubs."

"Don't worry, I don't usually swear, this is just a special occasion," I said with a wink. Mum just narrowed her eyes at me.

"Don't take too long! Rich is gonna be home in less than an hour!" Mum shouted from my bed.

"Haha, I'm so excited," my sarcasm echoing through the bathroom.

"Me too, baby," Mum responded with an even more sarcastic tone, and the both of us start cackling.