28: Bubs

Lia's POV:

I woke up at about 8 am and felt arms around me. I slowly turned my body, only to see Adele. I took this opportunity to examine her.

I started to realise that I have her nose, lips, eyebrows, and I'm assuming her musical abilities. 'She really is my Mum,' I thought to myself. Adele doesn't know that I can sing, and I want to keep it that way for as long as possible.

I need to allow myself to open up to them. I know they love me unconditionally because they've already proven it. They chased me around the whole of London and never gave up once on trying to get me back. That shows commitment, and that shows love. I could tell she's slowly starting to wake up, so I just closed my eyes quickly and acted like I was sleeping.

"Lia, I saw your eyes were open. You don't need to act like you're sleeping," Adele said with a giggle. I slowly opened my eyes, only to meet hers. Wow, I'd never seen her eyes so close up, but I could tell I got a little bit of her eye color.

"Morning, Li," she said, kissing my forehead.

"Good morning," I said with a soft smile.

"Ready for today?" she asked.

"Yeah, I guess. It's kind of exciting and heartbreaking at the same time," I said with mixed feelings.

"Yeah, I know, but let's go wake up your father."

'My father.' That's not a word that I'm used to hearing. I never grew up with a father figure, and now that I think of it, Alison probably didn't have a husband before, so she just made up all those stories of 'my father.' But I'm so happy that Simon is my dad. He seems like a gentle yet protective father. When I talked to him at the concert, he was so nice and caring. I actually thought at the back of my mind, 'Angelo is so lucky to have such an amazing father.' But now he's my dad too, what a coincidence, huh.

Wait a minute...

"Wait, Angelo is my brother, right?" I asked Adele.

"Yes, Li, he's your brother," she said with a smile on her face.

"Yes! I have a brother! Finally!" I said, jumping up and down in excitement.

Adele smiles from ear to ear when she sees my reaction to Angelo being my brother.

"Angelo is also very excited to officially meet his sister too," Simon said, coming around the corner. I must've woken him up with all the screaming.

"He is?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes, he can't wait to have a sister."

"This is genuinely like the best family ever. My parents and my brother are the most caring people ever."

Simon and Adele just 'awww' at what I've said. Adele looks like she's about to melt with happiness. She walks up to me and hugs me.

"So do you guys still live in London, or...?" I asked curiously.

"No, we live in LA, but we do have a house here," Simon said.

"Okay, I guess I need to start packing then," I said, with my mood dropping a little.

"Hey... it's going to be okay. Everyone will love you there," Simon said, coming up to me and giving me a bear hug.

After we hugged, we started to pack up everything that I owned and put it into boxes. It wasn't that much anyway, so it will be easy to transport.

*****

After about an hour of packing, we finally finished. I told you it wasn't that much. We're most likely going to sell the house with all the furniture in it, so I only needed to pack up my personal things. I think this will be a good way to 'let go' of my past and my mom...

Suddenly I became emotional while we were busy locking up the house. Adele immediately picked up on my sudden mood change and came up to me, giving me a hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"Everything's going to be alright, Bubs. I got you," Adele said, and I burst out laughing.

"Bubs?" I questioned her while laughing.

"What? We even called you that while you were still in my tummy. So yes, you're my Bubs," she said, squeezing me tighter.

"I kinda like it. No, I actually love it. I've never had a nickname before, except for 'Li'," I said.

"Well, I'm glad you love it because that's practically going to be your new name," Simon said behind us.

A huge smile appeared on my face. I'm finally happy again. And I'm finally going to have a full family.

Or at least that's what I thought...