51: The Knife

Lia's POV:

"I'm going to kill you! You hear me! I'm going to kill you and your stupid family!" Rich shouted with pure rage. I was absolutely terrified at this moment. I actually thought he was going to kill me. I quickly kicked him in his crotch and stomach. He started groaning, so I took this opportunity to wiggle out of his grip and grab one of the cameras.

I rushed out of the room towards the lounge and placed the camera where he wouldn't be able to see it. I also quickly grabbed one of those big kitchen knives that Mum likes to chop steaks with, just in case something goes wrong.

About 2 minutes after I left the room, Rich came rushing out of it. "Lia! You can't run from me!"

I was holding up the knife, trying to intimidate him.

He stops in his tracks immediately. "Oh, I see how it is. You think you're big now, holding that knife. I know you won't do it. You don't have the guts," he said with a smug smirk.

"Don't underestimate the things that I will do, Rich," I said with a smirk, instantly thinking about how Mum always quotes her lyrics in the cheesiest way. I can practically see Mum smiling proudly.

Rich's smirk quickly fades away when he realises that I'm being serious. He's standing on the other side of the lounge table, and I'm standing behind the couch. We're a good 5 meters apart, but I don't want to take any risks. I just continue to stand there, holding up the knife.

Suddenly the front door bursts open, which distracts me for a few seconds. Rich takes this opportunity and rushes towards me, grabbing the knife. Holding it with a firm grip against my throat.

"Lia!" Mum shouted.

"It's okay, I'm okay," I said in a panicky voice.

"Stay back!" Rich shouted while basically strangling me.

"Rich, please don't hurt her!" Mum shouted with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Shut up, Adele!" He yelled at her.

"Who do you even think you are! You're a pathetic, worthless liar! I can't even believe I convinced myself that I loved you!" Mum shouted with so much pain in her voice.

"I guess that makes two of us," he said with a smirk. Mum was about to tackle Rich, but Dad quickly stopped her and held her arms firmly.

"You're sick!" Mum spat at Rich.

"Make one wrong move, Adele, and you won't have a daughter anymore."

I was struggling to breathe, and the look of desperation on my face probably made Mum and Dad's hearts break.

"I'll let her go under one condition," Rich said.

"And that is?" Dad asked.

"You let me go, no charges or anything."

"You're crazy if you think that I'll allow you to just walk away from this! After torturing my baby like that!" Mum shouted.

"Okay, have it your way." And Rich pushes the knife towards my throat.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Take me instead!" Mum offered.

"This isn't like Hunger Games, Adele," Rich said in annoyance.

"Mum! You can't!" I yelled.

"Rich, what would be the difference if you took me and not her?" Mum debated.

"Del, don't do this," Dad said, making eye contact with Mum.

"I have a lot more to offer, Rich. Let me trade positions with Lia." She said while ignoring Dad.

He took quite some time to decide if this trade was worth it, but finally, he agreed to it. "But don't try any funny business."

Mum slowly walks towards us, Rich releasing me and quickly grabbing Mum, putting her in the same position as I was a few moments ago.

"Hey baby," Rich said into Mum's ear while grabbing her ass.

"Who's your baby?" Mum quickly grabs Rich's hand and bites it, causing the knife to drop. She kicks him hard in the crotch and picks up the knife and throws it as far away as possible.

She could've just run and let the police handle it, but I think she wanted to have a little bit of fun herself. She straddles him and starts beating the sh*t out of him. Punching his face nonstop.

"That's. For. Hurting. My. Little. Girl!" She said every word with each punch she threw. "And. That's. For. Using. Me!" She threw even more punches.

The officers immediately pull Mum off of Rich and detain him themselves, laying him on his stomach and putting his arms behind his back. Mum kicks him one last time in his side, which causes Dad and me to chuckle.

"Rich, weren't you the one that paid for my self-defense classes? Dumb*ss," she said with a smirk, while holding her fist, which is probably hurting like a b*tch.

After her little rage party, she runs towards me at full speed and envelops me into her arms. She kisses my head multiple times and pulls my head into her chest.

"It's over now, baby, you're okay," she said with a gentle voice.

I just bury my face into her chest, trying to appreciate the feeling of security.

Dad puts his big strong arms around Mum and I, making me feel even more protected. We just sit there as a family, feeling the presence of gratefulness, security, and love.

Suddenly there was a knock at the front door.

It was Angelo.

"Angelo! What the hell are you doing here! You're not supposed to be here!" Mum almost yelled at him.

"I forgot my shoes for football practice and Dave's mum said we could quickly come and fetch them. What's going on?" He asked, confused.

"Baby, I'll explain everything to you later-"

"Li! Are you okay?" He practically shouted when he saw all the bruises and cuts that were on my body.

"Angelo, I'm fine, but Mum's right, you need to leave. Right now," I said sternly.

Just as I said those words, Rich slipped out of the officers' grip. He grabbed the knife that was lying on the floor and was running straight towards Angelo. It was as if everything was happening in slow motion.

"No!" All of us yelled in unison.