coffee. (three)

"Though you say you haven't seen any changes in your behavior, I see tens of thousands." Dr. Kinbott's eyes were tranquil. She sipped a cup of coffee from the Weathervane. It had only been more than half of a session, but it felt like forever.

  "The only changes are the investigation of the monster." I muttered, peering off at the clock. I would never open up to a therapy guru like her.

  "I've heard you've grown close to Eugene, right?" She asked sweetly. Her silky voice made me want to scratch my eyes out.

  "But how do you know about Eugene?" I furrowed my eyebrows. I had my suspicions wagered on Dr. Kinbott.

  "Eugene's moms tell me about you sometimes." The woman acted all natural, her soft eyes narrowing.

  I opened my mouth to fuss, but the clock chimed obnoxiously. That clock was the misfit of the whole setting. It could surely set someone unstable into a trance.

  "Wow Wednesday, you've really got to like me if you didn't try to fight with me more than once this session." She smiled, standing up and opening a jar of candy.

  "I have to go now." I subtly got up, narrowing my eyes at her. I would've stuck my tongue out her, but she surely would've told Principal Weems about my despicable behavior.

  "But you haven't taken a sweet?" She rewarded candy to people who were good. This was the second time she's awarded me.

  "Fine, but next time I am not taking a piece of unicorn barf." She plopped the candy in my hands.

~

  After another horrible therapy session with Dr. Kinbott, I skimmed the shops until I halted in front of the Weathervane. Sure, Tyler's a nice guy but I might be lying if I said I wasn't using him for coffee.

It does sound venomous, but that's what women should hitch back at men who think they can dominate the world. I pushed open the burly doors, a bell chiming to indicate I entered. Tyler looked over at me from the back, a smile broadening his face.

  "Wednesday!" He laughed, happier than ever. I thought Xavier was bad, but Tyler was even worse. He acted like a corpse on steroids.

I sat down at the booth I claimed since I beat up the pilgrims, unpacking my novel from my suitcase. I read over my novel, I wasn't looking for a quad today, I was looking for a break.

  "I uhm — made you a coffee." I looked up from my novel, hiding it in my lap. Tyler sat in the chair directly in front of me, a goofy grin on his face.

  "Hideous." I murmured, peering at the coffee the guy slid over to me. A skull was drawn in the coffee, it certainly wasn't a quad.

  "Do you like it?" Tyler rubbed his neck, a red tint covering his face. I would've disagreed, but then I would have made another boy sad. Dr. Kinbott would've surely found out somehow.

  "Sure." I groaned, squinting out the window. Tyler grinned even larger. I could feel his stare liberating on me.

  "Would you like to take a walk with me until my break is done?" The guy blushed, peering away when I stared at him.

  "Too cliché, I have to get back to Nevermore." I sighed, packing my novel up with my revision pen, starting to stroll away.

  "Don't you want this to go?" Tyler slid the coffee nearer, His smile fading by the second. I sighed, looking back at him. He had a sickening pout with big eyes.