therapy & her. (eighteen)

"So, Wednesday, you finally decided to join me out of your free will."

   I creased an eyebrow. "Yes, out of my free will." I sighed, peering at Dr. Kinbott. This was the best option I had. What did you expect? It's not like I could run back to Tyler, I wouldn't ever even if I had to. Swimming in a pool of flesh eating fish would be better.

She chuckled a bit, then sipped out of a freshly made tea. "What has made you finally come talk to me?" She asked, her calming voice soothing me for once. I sighed, looking away remembering the prior night.

"I just can't tell my emotions apart." I bit my lip, looking at the clock, then back at Dr. Kinbott. She nodded, acting as if she understood the situation that had happened to me.

"Well that's very normal, many people can't tell if they're happy or sad — but go on, tell me what's happened." She took another sip of tea. My jaw nearly dropped. How could she be so calm and collective — yet answer everything almost in an instant? I sighed, looking for the right words to say.

"I don't know if I like a friend or am just jealous of — them." I let out another sigh, resting my head on my hand. Dr. Kinbott smiled, she probably had another universal answer to my explanation. I furrowed my eyebrows, still confused of the scenario.

"Well, Wednesday, the only way is for you to decide," she went on, "The answer is something that doesn't make your gut internally scream." Dr. Kinbott let out a chuckle of relief, as if she were in my shoes before.

"But that's the thing — my gut internally screams at everything." I creased my eyebrows again, anger caked through me. Dr. Kinbott rolled her eyes, chuckling.

"Classic Wednesday, only time and your gut will tell."

   "Wow," for the first time in history, Dr. Kinbott left me speechless. "This never happened." I noticed the clock had already struck noon. I got up from the uncomfortable pastel colored chair and started for the door.

   "Just talk to Enid, Wednesday." My heart stopped as I halted. How did she know that I was talking about Enid?

   "How did you know?" I jerked my head at her, creasing my eyebrows as I went back to my gloomy classic behavior. Dr. Kinbott sipped her tea, she probably did know everything.

   "Enid comes here too."

~

I paced around the courtyard, pondering about what Dr. Kinbott had said. Only time and your gut will tell? Did I have to rip my gut out to get answers? I sighed, pacing even faster while studying my shoes. It had started to drizzle. Jericho was a rainy place, so I had become so used to the rain drenching me almost daily.

In an instant while pacing fast, I trampled into something, I stumbled back on the ground in shock. "Watch it —"I looked up in anger expecting Xavier, instead, it was Enid. I bit my lip. Enid looked as shocked as I was. Jaw dropped to the floor. Enid stood frozen, umbrella in her hand and her phone on the ground with a slight crack in it.

   "Wednesday?" She unfroze, picking up her phone and attempting to hide her face with it. I could see her nervous face. Instantly, I furrowed my eyebrows at her, angry about the scenario that had happened.

   Silence bit like frost bite, I quietly pondered about interrogating her, but now wasn't the right time. "I'm sorry for bumping into you." She put her phone in her pocket after caressing it, then holding out a hand to me. The furrow in my eyebrows loosened a bit.

   I sighed, "I don't need help." I got up on my own, quickly starting to walk away. Anger and shock went through me. She was a total bitch! Betraying me and kissing Ajax, then a day later acting as if it never happened! I shook my head, contemplating about digging a hole right outside her dorm for her to fall in.

   "Wednesday — wait!" I heard Enid yell. I turned around at her, probably twenty feet away from her.

"What do you want, traitor?" I fumed, my face turning red with anger. Enid's eyes widened, as if she didn't know what I was taking about.

"Traitor?" Her voice echoed throughout the empty courtyard.

"I saw you and Ajax kiss!" I snapped, all the anger bottled up in me had let out. It was as if the bottle of emotions had been smashed by a hammer.

"You don't understand!" She replied, trying to explain, but I just kept going. I felt a sore pang in my heart, and my gut was internally screaming, but she was a traitor.

I rolled my eyes, the rain drenching me. It had gained power and was now making noises when it hit the ground. I walked as fast as I could. I walked to the lake had been to with Enid some time ago. I stood at the dock, sighing as I watched fish swim in the water. They had no worry in life most likely, their memory wasn't that good, so they probably would've forgotten everything if it had happened to them.

Suddenly, I heard loud footsteps tracking near me. It was probably Xavier stalking me again. I stayed silent, watching the ripples of water, rain still pattering down. But in light's speed, I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I stepped back in shock as I turned around, ready to throw hands.

But instead of a creepy Xavier, it was her.