changes. (Twenty-one)

Once we had gotten back to our dorm, the both of us decided to watch Scream. Of course I demanded for the original, since it was obviously the best one. I only had to go through thirty minutes of arguing back and forth with Thing.

Enid has bought two teenager sized beanbags a couple of days ago, despite me constantly disagreeing with the idea. I thought it would make the dorm even more crowded than it was. But its honestly turned out to be comfortable. She ordered one black beanbag and one pink.

We huddled inches away from each other on our individual beanbags with blankets, watching the Scream movie on Enid's laptop while a bowl of popcorn was in between us. Thing had snuck out and microwaved a bag for us. He too had a beanbag, which was a miniature decoration Enid found that worked for him.

   The blonde haired girl looked more anxious than ever, her face looked as if all the blood was sucked out of it during the suspenseful parts. She wasn't very fond with scary movies, but somehow I managed to convince her to watch one.

Enid paused while watching the screen, Ghostface was about to get hold of a victim. She then flinched when a murder happened, shutting her eyes for a moment. I stared at her, the scene wasn't even that brutal.

   "It wasn't even that bad, Enid." I sighed, rolling my eyes sarcastically. She had gotten used to my sarcastic replies by now in our relationship that she could point out every time I was going to, but I guess she was too scared to say anything.

   "I know." Enid muttered, opening her eyes and peering at me while her face tinted red. She let out a sudden sigh, leaning her head on my shoulder while continuing to watch the movie. Ever since we became official or whatever term Enid used, I had to get more used to touch.

   "You're such a big baby." I chuckled a little, taking a handful of popcorn. The girl yawned, we had watched a bit of movies a couple hours ago, and it was already midnight. I could tell she was already tired, I was too, I had been through an interesting day.

~

   The night had went by in an instant. Enid and I both fell asleep on the beanbags, so our backs were hurting like crazy. Who knew beanbags were so uncomfortable?

   We all sat in the pentagon at one of the many tables. It was a slow Saturday morning, not many people woke up early on the weekends. The courtyard was almost a ghost town. The only other people there besides Enid and I were Ajax and Yoko. Enid fed local ducks some bread, they always stopped by to see what rations they could get from students.

   "I had the worst sleep possible." Ajax yawned, still in plaid pajamas with a cup of Weathervane coffee in his hands. He wasn't a morning person, even coffee wouldn't snap him out of his tiredness.

   "Of course you did." I replied, rolling my eyes at Ajax. He was a snake hybrid thing. How would someone ever sleep comfortably with snakes roaming on his head? How did he even cut his hair if it ever got long?

   "Wednesday." Enid sighed, she too was tired and Ajax and I always argued with everything. It was most likely because that snake brain thought he still has a chance with the blonde haired girl.

   Yoko seemed to be the only one that didn't look tired. She sipped at her leftover boba tea while texting on her phone. Once Enid finished feeding the ducks, she yawned, propping her head on my shoulder.

   Ajax looked at the both of us, and eyebrow raised in confusion. Yoko didn't even look up from her phone, all we heard was constant typing on her keyboard. "What? Have you never seen two roommates comfortable with each other?" I asked sarcastically, trying to be sassy like most people my age. It didn't really work, my monotone voice made it sound more depressing.

   "Alright, geez." He rolled his eyes at me, constantly staring at Enid. A sudden camera sound effect came from Yoko's phone, she snickered while looking at her phone. I rolled her eyes, the phone mine controlled her at this point.

   Enid took out her phone too as a notification came from it. Yoko sent her the picture she took, the blonde girl stopped resting her head on my shoulder and looked at it, zooming in at her makeup. I watched her phone as she looked at the photo. She then zoomed into me.

   "You look so pretty." She yawned, whispering to me while Ajax and Yoko argued over something, too busy to notice us talk. I bit my lip, peering at Enid.

   "You too." I replied back, nodding formally at her. She smiled, intertwining her hand with mine under the table.

   "I like you a lot, Sinclair." I stared at our hands, a red tint flushing onto my face. She made me feel ways I'd never expect to feel with my little black heart. She's made me think otherwise about many things. I hated Nevermore when I first came, but that's because I didn't give anyone a chance.

Enid changed me so much, and I want to be with her for the rest of my life.

   End.