the lake. (six)

It was the most horrible week of my life. Ever since I found out it was bring your family to school for a week I haven't been able to go out without one of them following me.

  Whether it be my mother or father, always one of them had the need to follow me everywhere. Thankfully, I had gotten away from both of them.

Thing perched on my shoulder as I walked along side the woods. I knew it was dangerous, but who cares when you have a mystery sitting right in front of you.

Thing jittered uncontrollably, I could tell he was nervous but decided to keep his hand zipped.

"Don't worry thing, I'll only throw you like a football if the monster attacks." I reassured him. That may have been the nicest thing I've said ever since my Nevermore arrival.

Finally, a gravel path revealed and led me towards the Nevermore lake. It was a beauty for sure. It had endless fish in it no matter the weather. Pugsley and I fished at it a day ago, so I expected him to be sitting at the dock.

I strolled up right in front of the dock raising my eyebrow. "Enid?" The blonde bastard was sitting alone on the edge of the dock.

She jerked her head at me, a dull look in her eyes. "Hey." She let out a small grin. I raised my other eyebrow, inching closer as she patted a spot next to her.

  Normally, I would've pushed her into the lake, but she seemed more dull than usual like a hatchet that had been used too much. I sat down beside the girl, peering at her. Thing jumped off of my shoulder.

  Enid peered far out at the lake, watching the smoke rise up from the wolf campgrounds. "It's about wolfing out, isn't it?" I crossed my arms. It was so stupid how she thought wolfing out was the key to life.

  "Yeah, my mom is starting to think I'm never going to wolf out." The girl's smile faded. She bit her lip anxiously.

  "Your mom's a burden herself, I can tell she sleeps on her stomach." I announced. You could tell by the way someone stood or stretched how they slept. My guess for Enid was a little bit of everything.

  Enid chuckled, "What's that supposed to mean?" A light smirk appeared on her. A goofy smile suited her more than grimacing. But this was the only exception of being remotely nice to her.

  "I have to go now." I announced, not wanting to seem like a sweet person. Being sweet to Enid is the last thing I was going to do. I scooped Thing on my shoulder, standing up.

  "I was wondering if we could go for a walk or something?" The girl asked, eagerly staring at me. Yuck. It would've been a no, but judging on Enid, she probably has sessions with Dr. Kinbott every day.

  "Make it quick." I sighed, keeping a stern emotion on my face.