betrayal. (seventeen)

I listened to Mrs. Thornhill go endlessly on about plants while I side eyed Xavier. It's crazy how someone could have such an interest in weak plants. Xavier etched away at his paper, scribbling a bunch of nonsense to turn it into a picture. He seemed unbothered and didn't seem to be phased by the teacher's speech. I wanted to strangle the boy. He never gave enough information and was so secretive. He was on my list in red of suspects for the monster.

"Can you stop scribbling so loud with your crayons?" I rolled my eyes, whispering to the obnoxious boy. He peered at me, as if he were surprised I noticed him. He then furrowed his eyebrows, scribbling quietly while Mrs. Thornhill presented a plant.

"This, is the most deadly plant ever!" She acted as if it were a little puppy. It was kept in a glass dome with a pot. She held it up carefully while wearing gloves. Awes and gasps surrounded the room. But it really wasn't that interesting. Honestly, it was more boring than having to listen to Bianca's know it all attitude.

"Mrs. Thornhill, it's actually the second most deadly plant." The annoying girl corrected her. Mrs. Thornhill thanked Bianca for butting in sarcastically while placing the plant down. With Bianca's reputation, she could probably have any teacher kicked out from Nevermore with the snap of her fingers. After all, she was royal blood.

"I can't believe I dated that know it all." Xavier murmured. I sighed, the boy had a side comment for every little thing. Even if it were dead silent in the class, he would say something that would start a rage of talking throughout the class. It was annoying.

"And I feel sorry for Bianca that she had to put up with you." I rolled my eyes, facing the boy for once. Once again, a wave of talking struck the class in a way Mrs. Thornhill couldn't tune down. She sighed, allowing a social hour condense. She was one of the best teachers at Nevermore. Half the time we weren't even learning, she also had a lot of patience.

"She is worse than me!" Xavier scoffed, a crease forming in his eyebrow. He acted as if he were better than her. But truth is, he couldn't even be better than Eugene, and that's saying something.

"Lay off the argument, Xavier." A familiar voice intruded in from behind. Yoko and Enid sat behind us. Yoko sat on her phone scrolling through TikTok while Enid looked pissed at Xavier. but I could care less, she wasn't my problem anymore. She moved out, it wasn't like we had a roommate bond anymore.

"I don't remember inviting you to our conversation." I sighed, staring back at Enid. She looked down, studying the table she sat at shyly. I pondered about arguing back with Xavier again, but the bell interrupted before I had time to make him a laughing stock. The boy made a nasty face at Enid before getting out of his seat. I picked up my folders, got up, and purposely nudged into him, making him drop most of his supplies.

"Wednesday!" His faced fumed with anger. I scoffed, walking out of the greenhouse with a slight smirk. The only thing that made me crack a tiny curve in my mouth was violence and making people angry. And I had just succeeded.

~

   Writing wasn't very calm anymore to be fairly honest, it was more of a need to get done rather than a free break on everything happening. I stared at Enid's partially empty side of the room. Now that it was just me, I hated to admit I was very lonely. Start of the semester me would've loved it. But what I hated most was thinking about the times I bonded with the girl. She had a connection that wasn't judge-mental towards me.

I sighed, getting out of my chair to walk to the window. I stayed on my side, not wanting to interfere with Enid's rainbow throw up side of the room. Once I made it to the window, I pushed it open, stepping outside onto the balcony. I slowly strolled to the rail. It was humid and nice outside. Finally, something that I could actually appreciate. I leaned on the rail, watching the sunset. Lots of Nevermore students walked around campus with friends while chatting. The sunset calmed me, it was as if it were the only thing to look up to now.

I creased my eyebrows as I Heard a bunch of unfamiliar chatting. It sounded like a male and female. I took my eyes off of the sunset to peer down at campus. I sighed, Enid and Ajax walked together, they too admired the sunset. I couldn't make out any words, the only thing I could occasionally make out was Enid laughing.

Ajax suddenly halted, so did Enid. He pointed to the setting sun, acting like it were something new. I leaned in closer to try and hear the conversation, still, nothing but blabbers of voice. The girl looked up at the sunset for a moment. Then, Ajax suddenly turned Enid's face towards him and went in for a kiss. My heart dropped. I felt at least a million sore pangs in my little black heart.

She looked surprised, I could tell she didn't say anything. Instead, they just walked along, nudging each other and acting as if it were normal. In my book it wasn't normal. I bit my lip, my heart stung and so did my eyes. I felt betrayed. But it wasn't something to cry about. Everyone fell in love, including Enid with Ajax. I was just being emotional. I didn't know why I felt that way. I wasn't even that attached to Enid. I wasn't in love with a girl. That would be insane to do that. Even If I were in love with a girl I know my parents wouldn't be proud of me. But I didn't like Enid. I only saw her as a friend, not even. I was just over exaggerating and needed rest.

~

After getting ready for the night, I sat on my bed. My heart was still sore. I didn't know why. Maybe it was the fact that I was all alone, but that's the only reason I could think. But I knew only one person I could finally open up to and ask about it even if I never did before. It was stupid, but I still could without having to worry. I knew what I was going to do tomorrow.

I lay down in my bed, my brain still tried to process what had happened and my heart stung.