escape. (nine)

Enid's eyes were wide with pure shock and concern. I bet she had at least millions on millions of questions to ask, but instead of asking them she kept quiet.

"Hello?" I furrowed my eyebrows, snapping at her a couple of times. She immediately broke out of her trance, mumbling something to herself.

"Why would you even go shopping while getting chased or whatever is going on?" The girl kept her voice cautious with quiet fumbles of words.

"So you're saying we should stand here until we get tackled by Xavier?" I crossed my arms. Instead of arguing back with me, Enid bit her nails until peering up at me again.

"The Weathervane, for a drink and to relax?" She nervously asked, I immediately denied the idea. Tyler was probably heading back to work if he weren't fighting with Xavier.

"Then where do you want to go?" Enid's face was fuming with annoyance. I gazed around the whole place until spotting a bright yellow car.

Enid looked in my direction, instantly peering at me with regret. "No!" She yelled in a quiet voice.

"It's our only chance to make it out alive, Xavier could be the monster!"

"I am not going in that taxi!" Enid stomped, crossing her arms. I could practically see the heat rising from her head.

"Do you have a phobia of taxis or something?" I furrowed my eyebrows. She was probably allergic to water bottles if she had a phobia of taxis.

"I am not going to abandon the town in a taxi just to escape your crazy boyfriend!" Enid face palmed herself, rolling her eyes.

~

Enid crossed her arms, huffing out occasional snarls of frustration as we stood outside the driver's window of the taxi.

"You Nevermore kids look too young to even pay in money." The driver laughed, about to roll his window up.

I put my hand on the window, he either could cut my hand off or not. "What do you want, crazy kid?" He furrowed his eyebrow at me.

"A ride back to Nevermore." I wagered my odds. The guy looked like he would put keep away from these children! Posters on a bulletin board with photos of Enid and I.

I pulled out two twenty dollar bills and one ten dollar bill. The guy immediately changed his mind, unlocking the back doors without a word.