bees. (seven)

I quickly paced along the same path I used earlier. Enid hung around beside me, taking peeks behind her occasionally. Word had got out about the mysterious monster and now everyone in Nevermore was stabbing each other behind the back.

  "Where are we going?" Enid pouted, worry filling her head up with excuses. I sighed, having dealt enough with her.

  "You wanted to walk with me, your fault." I shrugged as the castle of Nevermore was left in the shadows of burly trees.

  "But what if the monster attacks?" Enid cautiously tip-toed and held her breath to avoid making a scene.

  "Then it will be nice to know I can use you as my meat shield." Sure I did have interest in the girl as a roommate and wanted to find out if she was the monster, but yet again she could bite the dust and I wouldn't care.

  Finally, after swerving and turning a bunch more corners, I stopped in front a large shed with a bee painted on it. Hundreds of bees were flying around bee nests, collecting honey and going inside.

  "I hate bees, why are we here?" Enid yelled, her eyes going wide with fear. I rolled her eyes, sighing as she walked into the bee shed.

  Usually, I hated bees, but ever since I've been around the shed, I've learned to like the little creatures more.

  "Eugene!" I called out, the black haired boy immediately stepped into view, a grin on his face.

  "Hey, Wednesday." He put away his hibernating bees inside a tiny bee house. Eugene wore a bee keeper's suit. Carefully fixing his glasses through his hat, he noticed Enid behind the girl.

  "Who is that?" Eugene furrowed his eyebrows, scratching his head. I rubbed my face, pursing my lips to find the correct words.

  "Enid is my annoying wolf roommate." I found the correct words to say. I shoved the girl forwards.

  "Pleasure to meet you, m'lady." The guy threw his hand out. Enid immediately peered at me, a disgusted look on her face.

  "Go on, shake his hand." I furrowed my eyebrows. The blonde haired girl shook his hand, making weeps of disgust.

  "Why are we here, Wednesday?" Enid leaned back, whispering it into my face while gritting my teeth.

  "To drop you off, I'll pick you up later." I held back a smirk, sure smiling was a deadly thing but this occasion was quite funny.

  "Why are you acting like I'm a little child?" The girl furrowed her eyebrows while Eugene looked her up and down.

  "So many girls." He gazed at the both of us with those stupid lovey-dovey eyes Tyler and Xavier both gave me often.

  "Shut up!" Enid and I both said in harmony, sure I liked Eugene but he could get annoying at times.

  "I'll be back soon, don't make yourself too comfortable." I started to stroll out of the shed on my own pace leaving the girl behind.

  "I sure won't!" Enid yelled, I could hear the anger in her voice boiling. Once I knew she couldn't see me, I let out a deserved smirk.

~

  As I walked through a couple more burly trees cautiously, I finally reached another shed. This one was more well maintained, I knew who's it was by snooping around earlier.

I crept up to the front door, knocking a bunch of times. After a bunch of noises of clashing and falling, the door swung open. Xavier stood in the frame of the door, his hair unkept and down.

"Wednesday?" He asked, confused on how I found the shed. I sighed, crossing my arms.

"Why are you here, I mean how did you even find this place?" He interrogated me. A Buffoon like him was gullible to anything, I could tell him his dad was a dog and he would believe me.

"Quit with the harsh questions, I've came to visit." I interrupted, taking a step forwards. Xavier bit his lip, anxiously look around.

"Give me a minute." He inched the door closed, leaving me to wait outside. Big mistake, boys like him are why kids are dying on the campus from the monster. I would honestly fake being killed right now to see the look on his face.

Finally, he opened the door again, welcoming me in. I had to act all surprises like I didn't know what was here, truth is, I was snooping around there hours ago.

"Wow, so edgy." I sarcastically said. He must've took as a compliment because his grin was ear-to-ear.

"Why is this covered?" I walked over a bunch of paintbrushes and raised my eyebrow at a covered portrait.

He bit his nails, "Don't look at that!" Xavier put his hand on my shoulder, which I immediately shrugged off in disgust. A guy like him should know his place.

I acted like I wasn't about to touch it while he showed me a piece of art he made of Nevermore. "Very pleasing." I rolled my eyes, leaning over to the covered painting.

Quickly, I grabbed the cover, flinging it off to appear a painting. My jaw dropped and so did Xavier's.

He nervously laughed while I looked at the most disgusting thing of my life. It was a painting of me, no color except for black and white. It was me standing at the balcony of my room with Enid, except Enid didn't have a face.

"What is that?" I scrunched my nose in disgust, I wanted to puke. I should've brought Thing to be my helper.

"Oh — it's you and your roommate," His face tinted pink. "do you like it?" Xavier rubbed his neck nervously.

"It's disgusting, I am out of here before anything weirder happens." I declared leaving the shed in regret and hatred, I entered the place like that but things don't change do they?