arguing and bees. (fifteen)

I sighed while the rain poured on my umbrella, drenching my shoes. Questions ran through my head like the water droplets seeping into the ground. There was no way I was going to go back to dorm, and never in a thousand years would I go to the Weathervane. I only had one option.

Eugene's bee shed.

I shuddered in disgust as I thought about the boy. He had to be the most disgusting out of all of the guys in Nevermore. But sometimes you have to close a door to open a window. The walk wouldn't be that far away from Xavier's shed to Eugene's bee shrine.

The only thing that could go wrong was encountering the Hyde. I had my suspicions on Xavier. And since I just had an argument with him my chances were dwindling of staying alive.

~

   "Eugene!" I pounded on the wooden shed door. No answer. This fumed me up to my limits. First Enid acted wacky, then Xavier, and now Eugene? I would've stabbed the point of my umbrella into the door, but that wouldn't look nice on my clean record Principal Weems had of me with probably more than ten reports of bad behavior. I shook my head, gambling my chances.

I sighed, jabbing my umbrella into the door. Nothing budged. I tried a bunch more times before biting my lip and deciding my next move, "That's it, I'm kicking down this door!" I yelled, started to wind up my leg. Still, no answer. The door was weak by then and only had a short way to go before knocking over.

I kicked at it a couple more times until it made a creaking sound. Then, I gave it a hard shove with my hands, it gave in almost immediately. The wood was already degrading by the second, so he could easily replace it.

My jaw dropped to my sight. Eugene sat on a stool in front of a small table he had room for in his shed. And in front of him was no other than Enid. This angered me, she acted cold towards me just to hang out with the bee boy?

"What the hell?" My voice provoked a worried look on Eugene. He pushed up his glasses, gaping his mouth open.

"It's not what it looks like, Wednesday!" Enid beat the boy to what he was most likely going to say. I huffed an aggravated sigh, rolling my eyes.

"Well obviously it is," I started, raising my tone a bit. Enid hopped off the stool, walking up towards me. This made me even more angry. Why would she have the nerve to walk right up to me? "Why don't you just move on in to Yoko's since you keep hiding things from me!"

"Wednesday — it's really not what you think, I'm not hiding things from you, It's just . . ." She tried to finish her sentence, but frowned as if she couldn't say it.

   "Just what? How about you go talk about it to Yoko." Eugene still sat on the stool, stunned. I turned my back as Enid still tried to reason with me.

   "Wednesday please!" The girl begged. I scoffed while stepping out of the shed and opening up my umbrella.

   "I'll pay for your door later, talk to Thing about it." I peered back at the boy, trying my best to ignore Enid. As soon as I finished the sentence, I marched out of the place. If Enid was so secret about things, why didn't she just move out? Then she wouldn't have to hide things from me.

   A bunch of bees swarmed around me, it was probably Eugene using his bee powers he had to control the bees. I shooed at them, flicking one straight in the body. It knocked over, bees were stupid pests anyways.