love letters. (ten)

Enid occasionally left her fingerprints on the glass of the windows. And when I say occasionally, I meant ever second.

"Why are you doing that?" I furrowed my eyebrows. There was a glass wall between the back seats and the front seats which was soundproof. I knew it was soundproof because Enid would've been booted out of the taxi by then.

"In case this guy tries to kidnap us!" She shot at me, whispering in anxious voice. I rolled my eyes, she was so squirmy around strangers, yet the second she saw me even though I was a stranger to her she immediately warmed up.

"He's not going to kidnap us." I scoffed, peering out the side I was sitting on. Enid sat in the middle of the seat, even though I demanded her many times to sit on the other end she stayed put like a magnet on a fridge.

"It's not like you can see the future!" Her voice cracked from her overreaction. Technically, I could see the future. I just had to find the right thing that would lead me to see the visions. But I didn't want to tell Enid, she would make me find visions for Ajax most likely.

  I rolled my eyes once again, if overreacting were a person Enid would be the closest to being it. Time flew like a decapitated head, and as soon as we knew we were back at Nevermore.

  "You survived." I handed the taxi driver an extra five for tips before announcing to Enid.

  She crossed her arms, "Thanks to you, we were late." It was already dawn, but who was keeping track of time after being chased?

  "Silence, puppy, I must get to writing." I declared, walking up the stone stairs of the entrance to Nevermore. I could hear Enid's faint sarcasm in the back while I trailed away.

~

Something must've been up, because Thing was acting more skittish than normal. He kept signing random words that didn't even make sense.

I mashed a bunch more buttons onto the paper, before husking at the hand and scooping him up. "What's wrong with you?" I glared at him.

He squirmed in my hand, trying to get something out. I set him back down reluctantly. In reply, thing jumped off my desk, tapping all the way to Enid's desk, that is if you can even call an unorganized mess a desk.

"Why are you on Enid's desk?" Thing quickly started to receptively tap the wood on her desk. I could faintly see something on it that caught my attention.

Cautiously, I peered around the whole room. It felt like I was actually scared to snoop around for once! Something was up. Enid wasn't even a scary person either.

I quickly walked over to where thing was perched, he was tapping on a letter of some sort. "What?" I inquired, one eyebrow furrowed.

He signed a bunch of more random words, then with a swift blink of the eye he turned it over to reveal big bold heart symbols on the front with one name. Ajax.

I hated the idea of teen romance, I convinced myself. Jealousy was something I never felt. This wasn't jealousy, it was disgust in romance. Enid could date Ajax all she wanted and I could care less. I bit my lip, shaking my head. "Come on thing, lay off of her stuff." I grabbed the hand, turning the letter back over.

Thing did a bunch more signs in my hand, ones I could actually recognize, it was mostly made up of look inside of it! And what could she want to tell him?

I knew what was in there. I've been forced to watch teen romance dramas with Enid before, nothing new. They all used stupid letters with hearts plastered all over them and a name. Then, the next day they shoved the letter into the boy's locker. Enid probably followed what the one girl did in the latest one we watched.

I sat back down in my chair, setting thing down. I was definitely even less devoted to write in a solemn mood, and it wasn't a good solemn mood. I was in disgust about teen romance.