fight. (twelve)

All was calm after Tyler finally got exhausted from trying to bargain me over. It wasn't like I was going to miraculously change my mind and shoot a smile at him. Maybe that is if I were possessed by the same unicorn that vomited on Enid's side of the room. I but my lip while writing excessive notes in my diary while reading about the monster, formally known as the Hyde.

   But for some odd reason, all I could compare or think about was the nausea inducing girl. My grip tightened on the paper edges of the diary, wrinkling. it a little bit. no way I would think nor look her way this hour. It was going to be a Enid free hour. Just myself, and most likely a coffee Tyler tried to whip up in a panic. I watched the endless mob of Nevermore students cutting into the town through the window of the Weathervane. Strange. Not much Nevermore students came at once, so it had to be a disaster of some sort. I needed to get my head untangled with some drama, it wasn't like me but thinking of my clumsy roommate wasn't an ideal hour.

I sighed, a crease forming in my eyebrows. I had two options. One, keep my bag and tell the Barbarian coffee brewer to look after it. And two, take it with me. I took my chances with the second option, swooping all of my materials into my backpack. Thing immediately caught on to my eager leave. He tapped a few signs, mostly asking what I was doing and if I got possessed.

"No — just get on my shoulder for Addams sake." I rolled my eyes, my backpack slung over one shoulder while thing got on my cold shoulder. No coffee had been made yet, so I could sneak out from Tyler's sight before he made me one of his expired potions or whatever kind of coffee it was that he had left.

~

I ran out of the Weathervane, the mob didn't look like it would be thinning any time soon. It wasn't too far of a walk, but as soon as I got near I realized my height was a disadvantage. I pushed and shoved through bunches of people before making it to the front. The tiny amount of blood drained from my already pale face, making me look like a year old corpse.

   Enid and Xavier stood in the circle of crowding kids with phones. Everyone recorded as a bunch of remarks from the two were thrown. It was only words, but the sheer amount of stupidity nearly made me as hot as a kettle. I had rushed out from my no Enid hour for this? Enid must have noticed my entrance through their fight, because she gazed at me for an uncomfortable amount of time. I bit my bottom lip, narrowing my eyes away.

   "You stupid wolf — I shouldn't even call you a wolf, because you can't even live up to the standards!" Xavier yelped, I could just barely make out his words through the crowd of chatter. A couple seconds later the mob went silent, more phones being thrown in the mix with the occasional beep of filming noise.

    It all went pear shaped from there. Enid looked like she had just been run over by a truck. She tucked her uniform sleeves up, I knew the look she was giving. Something was about to go down. Thing signed some inaudible taps on my shoulder quickly. He seemed more concerned than usual. But she was most likely Thing's bestie or whatever the term for close Allie's is.

   Take that back, you complete weirdo!" I could see Enid's nails start to take form of claws. I pressed my hand against my forehead, sighing. Xavier scoffed, his stance indicating a physical fight was about to happen.

   It all happened within seconds, but in a swift movement, Xavier threw a punch at the girl. A bunch of gasps rose from the crowd, I was even startled by the movement but kept it low-key. A chant then formed from the mock of students, mostly being the repetitive word fight. The two were throwing hands like crazy.

   I couldn't believe my thoughts, I actually pondered about stopping the situation. My face went hot with anger. Nobody was stopping the fight. they all just stood there with phones up everywhere! I snarled angrily, this was the only act of even an amount of heroism. Yuck, I almost puked over the word in the moment. "Thing, get off my shoulder for now." I told my little buddy, he jumped off, crawling to another spot to watch,

   I pushed through more people, I was now a couple feet behind the girl. "Enid, stop!" I yelled, but the chants were too loud for my words to channel through. I had a feeling she did hear me, but wasn't listening. The information trickled through my head, forming a sting in my chest. I didn't know why I was being so emotional, but it had to end right after this. The girl had knocked Xavier over by then.

   I yelled a couple more times, still nothing. I'd been more aggravated than ever. It was one thing for them to fight, but Xavier throwing a punch at the girl for no reason? That was my breaking point. I stepped in the circle. I wouldn't normally do this act, but never quote me on it. It will be forgotten in the past and left in a dusty corner. The tall boy drastically noticed me the second I did, he stopped, watching in awe.

   "Come on, you scared?" Enid scoffed, getting ready to throw another punch. I immediately wrapped my arms around Enid's arms from the back, preventing her from hitting the boy. I wasn't pro touching people and putting my hands on things that weren't mine, but in this case it was the best move I could do if communication wasn't going to work. The crowd's noise level dimmed, at this point everyone had a phone out.

   "Enid, stop." I muttered, sheer annoyance and a tad bit of disappointment mixed with anger in my voice. The girl's arms went from tense to a more calmer state. Though she hadn't even peered at me yet, I knew the look on her face was most likely still glaring at Xavier. I let go of the girl, stepping forward to the boy.

   "Wednesday — she started it!" Xavier's eyes went dull. I creased my eyebrows, even if Enid did start it I was mad at the both of them.

   "I don't care who started it, get out if my sight." I didn't know whether to yell or be calm about the situation. The furrow in my eyebrows got more intense. It was dumb, nobody ever listened and when one thing happened, one tiny thing, it turned into a domino effect. The boy immediately scrambled to his feet, leaving the area.

   The crowd thinned, chatting and gossiping about drama. But all I could do was glare at Enid, disappointed.