confessions. (fourteen)

I eyed Enid up, I had to get to the bottom of the fight. There was no way they would just randomly argue. "What exactly started the argument with you and Xavier?" I asked the girl, who was still surfing the internet on her laptop.

   Enid rolled her eyes. "Nothing." She quickly answered, peering up at me for a second. She then darted her eyes back on her screen, covering her face with the screen. I sighed, she was obviously fibbing. I bit my lip, waiting for my next plan to come into action.

"I guess I'll just go ask Xavier." I baited the girl. She looked up immediately, an anxious look in her eyes. She didn't say anything, but I could see the worry in her eyes. Enid shook her head, looking back at her laptop again.

"Go ahead, he want give you any information." The girl responded dryly, Very unlike her. It honestly surprised me to say that I felt a pang in my stomach from her being that dry, even though that's what I'm like that on a daily basis. I creased a brow.

"How do you know?" I squinted my eyes at her. Two could play at that game. She shook her head once again, as of to give me the quiet treatment. I scoffed while putting on a light jacket.

   I headed to the door, umbrella in hand. Enid didn't even care to look. It was odd, I felt another sore pang in my little black heart. This wasn't the Enid I knew, not at all.

~

   I knocked at Xavier's run-down looking shed, rain poured on my umbrella while I held it over my head. The music that was playing just seconds ago silenced. The old door panned open slowly, it creaked while the tall boy came into view. He stood in the doorframe.

"Wednesday?" Xavier's eyes widened. He immediately peered away, obviously ashamed embarrassed about what had happened. "I don't want to talk, go away." He muttered, attempting to shut the door on me.

   While he swung it closed, I put my shoe in the middle of the doorframe, stopping the door from closing. "I need answers." I solemnly demanded. Xavier's face went a little red with anger.

   "If you needed answers so bad — go ask your little girlfriend," The boy went on, "You defended her instead of me, so why should I give you answers?" The boy rubbed his head, aggravated with my presence.

   I gaped my mouth open to argue back, but that wouldn't do a thing. "We all got caught up in the moment, but I just want to know what the fight was about." I calmly replied. The rain had become even heavier.

   "It's stupid." Xavier added, peering away from me. I bit my lip, eager for answers. I must've finally juiced it out from the boy, because his eyes looked as if they finally gave in. "Just come in, it's pouring."

~

   Xavier painted a portrait of Nevermore as I sat on a stool, waiting for the boy to say something. "So?" I asked, not wanting to waste another second in his hill-Billy shed.

   "We fought, that's it." He rolled his eyes, continuing to paint. It's as if he tried to hide something with the tone of his voice. I glared daggers at him, just a second ago it was like he would've spilled it out.

   "Just tell me, it's not that hard." I tried convincing Xavier, but he wouldn't budge from his painting. He stroked his paintbrush at the canvas a couple more times before freezing, his brush mid-air.

   "Fine, I'll tell you." He sighed, placing his brush down and peering at me. He took a seat on the stool in front of me. Xavier rubbed his head, confusion staggered across me. I opened my mouth to protest him to a swear quicker, but before I could, he started up again. "The reason why we fought is because of you, Wednesday." The boy studied his shoes, not daring to look up at me.

   I furrowed me eyebrows. "Why were you exactly fighting over me?" Even more confusion flowed through me. I bit my lip once again, Nevermore had even more mysteries than the Addam's family ancestors. Xavier exhaled through his mouth.

   "That's all I'll give you. We just fought, over you. Ask Enid if you're going to need more information." He finally looked up at me, his eyes dull and plain. I scoffed, they fought over me? Out of all people, me?

   "Fine then." I added, hesitating to what I would say. "Thanks." I muttered the last bit quietly so he wouldn't hear me. I grabbed my umbrella and made my way out of the shed, so many things went through my head. But one question kept rippling, why were they arguing over me? Was it something I said?