antiques. (four)

Before I could make it back to Principal Weems, I was stopped by an idiotic airhead that had nothing better to do.

  "Hey, Wednesday." Xavier abruptly stopped me in my tracks, giving me a subtle smile. His ripe blue eyes made me want to stroll away, but yet again, Dr. Kinbott would probably find out about my rude behavior.

"Sickening." I complained, pushing past the guy with a crease in my eyebrows. Yet again, he stopped me, tugging at the sleeve of my coat.

  "What?" I snarled at Xavier, giving him a nasty glare. He let out a mortal chuckle. The guy was even worse than the Unicorn puke Dr. Kinbott gave me.

  "I was thinking we could visit the antique shop since you saved me from humiliation earlier?" Xavier awkwardly grinned, pulling out a crisp fifty from his coat pocket.

  I wagered my odds. On one hand, Principal Weems wanted me back in less than an hour, and on the other hand, I would have to deal with Enid glued to her screen if I got back sooner.

  "Deal." I murmured, facing the guy. His smile ignited, his blue eyes seeming with haziness.

~

  All boys think you like them when you show one droplet of emotion towards them. When I agreed to visiting the antique shop with Xavier he probably thought of it as a date.

  "Look at this thing, Wednesday!" Xavier laughed, pointing to two rats with umbrellas in hands. They both had boots and raincoats on.

  "What's so funny?" I raised my eyebrow, it looked like a monument my own mother would hang up in my house.

  "They're like little humans." He gazed at me, pulling the sculpture near me and acting like it was alive and talking.

  "Very amusing." I strolled away from him until seeing a ferret playing the cello. It's like this place was freakier than my family, because it had weird animal monuments, necklaces made out of horse teeth, and so much weird things my Uncle Fester would be invested in.

  "Do you like that?" Xavier laughed, peering at it while walking near me. I shook my head, the idiot thought everything I peered at was something I wanted hung up in my house.

  "Just tell me when you like something." Xavier rubbed his neck. The generosity on him makes me want to vomit and dig my own grave. I can dig graves well, I learned at one of my summer camps.

  "I don't need your money." I furrowed my eyebrows, crossing my arms. Again, boys go crazy when you allegedly show some emotion. The only emotion I was showing was disgust, hatred, and regret.

  "You're right." Xavier gazed off at the ferret playing the cello. He gave off a chuckle, "I'm not trying to baby you if that's what you're implying." He set it through me like a bullet. Except, the bullet was a nerf dart.

  "Wow, you're less torturing than Tyler, amusing." I sighed, peering out the window to see a group of Nevermore students walk by. I wish I could walk out the door with no response, but it would have a footprint on Xavier's fragile little emotions. Ew.

~

  After an hour of Xavier goofing off and leaving me with disgust, we finally decided to call it a day. Well, I decided to call it a day. "I have to go back." I murmured, looking at the guy's dull eyes.

  "Alright, see you back at Nevermore." He awkwardly stated while I walked off. I cant believe I'm going to say this, but Xavier is worse than Tyler.

~

  "Right on time, Wednesday!" Principal Weems greeted me by rolling down her passenger's window. I rolled my eyes, jolting the door open and sliding inside.

  "I saw you hanging out with Xavier." She stated, a smile gleaming on her face. I widened my eyes in disgust, just because I hung out with a boy forcefully doesn't mean I actually want to be his friend.

  I didn't utter a word. No vocal cord would be wasted talking about Xavier. He's an awkward mess that needs to get ahold of himself. My suspicions are rising by the minute of him being the monster.

  Principal Weems drove off, humming a nursery rhyme. "Did you have fun?" She acted like my own mother at times. Disgusting isn't it?

  "Why do you want to know?" I narrowed my eyes, looking at my reflection in the tinted windows that somewhat reflected me.

  "Just so I know you like it here!" She chuckled. It was the fakest laugh I've ever heard and yet I thought my father was bad at faking things.

  "Just drive." I groaned, leaning my head against the window. It was surely going to be a long car ride. At least I know my day can't get any worse, with Xavier and Tyler both trying to take me out, this was the worst it was going to possibly be.