03 • sixteen

January 27th, 1797

January 27th, 1797

WEEK ONE, Delaney had told her her name. Week two, her favorite color. Week three, her age. Week four, her birthday. Week five, her home state. Week six, her sexuality.

Delaney was just a teenage girl, she couldn't help the information spilling out of her mouth. She felt almost forced to state these facts about herself. She just blamed it on the fact that she was falling in love.

The sixteen year old girl sat at a high chair in the nearest tavern to her home. This is where she goes while her parents are at work after school is finished. She'd usually work on a drawing or chat with the person next to her but for the past six weeks her routine had completely changed.

The tavern doors swiftly pulled open and in walked Katherine Pierce, the reason for her routine changes. Katherine's hair was pinned back with wavy curves flowing throughout unlike Delaney's which was as straight as a line.

The older brunette walked up the Fraiser girl, placing a soft hand on her arm, "Why don't we meet back at your home, my love? I'd love to see it."

Katherine's persuasive words flowed through Delaney's ears like a joyful memory, relaxing her muscles.

Delaney nodded, grabbing her quill and parchment and following Katherine out to the carriage awaiting their arrival. The pair stepped inside, Delaney willingly giving the driver instructions to her family home. The girl had felt utter and immense trust within Katherine, not thinking for a second that this was a bad idea.

Katherine's gaze remained on the outside world, watching the grass plains pass by. Delaney could not keep her eyes off of Katherine. The younger girls eyes skimmed over the vampire's face, finding her beauty to be almost too exquisite to the point where she's questioning how she's even in the same proximity as her.

A few short moments passed as the carriage brought the two up a windy gravel road leading towards Delaney's home. Their movement stopped and Delaney stepped out, holding out her hand for Katherine.

The younger girl noted how Katherine walked up to the door of her home confidently, not releasing her hand. A wave of joy washed over her at this small but very noticeable action.

Delaney led the two into her home, stopping in her tracks once she reached the living area. Katherine's eyes skimmed the small room with a small smile on her face.

"This is lovely, Delaney. I thank you greatly for allowing me in your place of comfort." Katherine's voice in itself practically makes the young girl melt. The feeling of her name on her lips felt so sweet she could taste it.

The first time that evening Delaney's eyes had left Katherine's face as she looked down to hide her smile. The brunette's hand found itself on Delaney's chin, lifting it so their eyes met.

It felt like lightning had struck down on Delaney. Katherine's single touch lit her eyes like a candle. In any other great place of conscious this movement would be strictly forbidden but this could never feel so right for the younger girl.

Though Delaney's nerves got the best of her and brought Katherine in for a hug instead.

You stupid girl.

Katherine was hit with a brief wave of confusion but slowly wrapped her arms around the girl, not wanting to continue this façade for much longer.

Delaney started to pull away but Katherine stopped her so their faces were mere inches apart.

"You are not going to scream, you are not going to move, you are just going to do as I say. Have fun." Katherine compelled as the younger girl nodded obediently.

The vampire licked her dry lips as horrendous white dagger looking teeth poked out. Veins grew under her now bloodshot eyes and Delaney's widened.

The woman she once sought out to love was now an unidentifiable monster. The younger girl's breath hitched, not being able to move from her position.

Katherine picked up a smirk, "You're not afraid. You're... torn. It's alright, my love. I'm not going to hurt you. Just making you who you were destined to be."

She bit her wrist and shoved it in Delaney's mouth. The girl was too taken aback to do anything, not knowing how to move or talk. She forcefully swallowed the bitter crimson liquid, the feeling burning down her throat.

The vampire placed her hands on either sides of the human's neck as Delaney let a tear slip, meeting her eyes.

"What are you doing to me?" Delaney cried out, feeling the dried blood starting to stain her lips.

Katherine shrugged innocently, "Fixing you." Her hands twisted as Delaney felt a snap and then nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Delaney's limp body lied on the floor for hours until eventually she flinched, sitting straight up. It was like something had clicked. She could see straighter, hear better, smell everything, but one thing stood out to her the most.

She was insanely hungry.

The girl stood up as she ignore that feeling, going into the washroom to wash the stain off of her face. Vain images struck her head of what happened before she collapsed but she couldn't place them together.

She held the cloth of the stained liquid from her mouth in her hands, feeling an itching sensation come from her eyes. Her eyes slowly traveled up to the mirror to see the reflection staring back at herself.

Delaney jumped out of her spot, falling into the wall behind her. Under her red eyes held nasty veins that squirmed along her face. Her hand covered her mouth in shock but also in pain. Her mouth throbbed in agony as she cried in exhaustion.

That's not her. It can't be.

The person looking at her in the mirror is not herself.

just a filler chapter because i wanted to do something on delaney's backstory

~c