21 • shatter me

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
___________________

( hadiya's pov )

          STEFAN'S CAR IS awfully uncomfortable to drive in

STEFAN'S CAR IS awfully uncomfortable to drive in. Especially for 48 hours. I took it upon myself to do a locator spell on an old friend that has led me to Seattle, Washington.

I step out of the car, umbrella in hand. I've heard it rains a lot so I came prepared. My hand gripped the door of the small cafe as I walked inside. It's cute and homey and smells like vanilla.

I found a seat myself, propping my feet on the table. My eyes skim through a book a stole on the way here.

A familiar voice rings through my ears as the shadow of two girls make their way to my table. I remove my sunglasses and stand up.

Delaney's face coats with minimal shock. The other girl just stand there dumbfounded. I take the foreign girls hand into my own and give it a small shake.

"I'm Hadiya. Are you friends with Delaney?" I ask, still keeping a grip on her hand.

She nods her head. "Yeah, I'm Jane. She hasn't mentioned you."

"Awh." I squeeze my hand as a bone in the human girls hand breaks.

She attempts to scream but my magic keeps her scream from brewing. Delaney rolls her eyes.

"I am so sorry. I just have such a firm grip." My head falls to the side, as does hers. Except a snap comes from her neck and her body drops to the ground.

"Take a seat." I tell the vampire as I sit back down. I compel the waitress a coffee and kick my feet back up.

"So, how's life?" I ask, meeting her gaze.

She smiles sarcastically. "Lovely, you?"

"Seeing as I am sitting across from you, you can assume not too dandy. Sorry about your friend. I'm just so clumsy." I laugh. She laughs as well with less enthusiasm.

She takes a sip of her drink. "I see you've tapped into your magic."

"Eh, not the first time. Klaus forced it out of me and now I'm almost grateful for him. Almost. Anywho, I'm not here to talk about him. We're here to talk about you." She raises her eyebrows and nods. "Now, I have to ask. Why didn't you do anything? I know you knew Emily wasn't going to let me die. Why?"

Delaney shrugs, "Apparently I just didn't give a damn about you."

My minds races before coming to a conclusion. "You don't have your humanity either, do you?"

She shrugs again with a small grin on her face. I laugh, taking another sip of my drink. She goes to talk but my phone rings and I stick my finger up.

"Hello?" I say, putting the phone on speaker.