16 • the end of the affair

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
_______________

CHAPTER SIXTEEN_______________

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS. That's where the three vampire's ended up next. Hadiya had no idea why, nor did Stefan. Klaus enjoyed the element of surprise. The hybrid told them they were going to see a witch. This made Hadiya a bit upset, thinking she wasn't good enough to solve the issue.

Once the car pulls over, the three landed at a bar. It's empty and quiet inside.

"I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan let out a breath. Hadiya was confused as she was disgusted. She's never seen this bar before nor has she seen one as dusty.

"You got to be kidding me." An older black woman walks out. Hadiya can feel the magic radiating off of her.

Klaus smiles, "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..."

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny," She glances at Stefan, then to Hadiya, "I remember you. You, not so much."

Gloria introduces herself, taking Hadiya's hand into her own. An electric shock pulses through her as Klaus pulls their hands apart.

"Oh, dear." The bar owner sighs.

Klaus looks at Stefan, "Why don't you go fix us up a little something from behind the bar?"

Stefan brushes off the abrupt incident between the two witches and obeys to Klaus's request.

"You look ravishing, by the way." The hybrid tells Gloria but his tone is very misleading.

She tuts, "Don't. I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels."

"So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse." A snarl grows on his face. Hadiya gets bored with the conversation and walks over to Stefan.

There's pictures hanging on the wall. The fashion showing that they're from the early 1900s, if Hadiya were to guess. It's not like she was conscious. Her eyes stop when she spots a familiar duo.

She pulls it off the wall, "Why don't you do your hair like this anymore?"

Stefan takes the picture out of her hands, his face coated with shock.

"What is this?" He asked Klaus.

"Well, I told you Stefan. Chicago's a magical place."

He still fits a confused look, "But this is me. With you."

Klaus shrugs it off as he drags the two back into the car. He drives to a warehouse. Stefan's eyes remain on the photo as they walk through it.

Stefan began asking questions to which lead Klaus to explaining their time in 1920. A name came up. Rebekah. Hadiya remembers her. They spent a brief time together in 1492, becoming friends during the time.