13 • as i lay dying

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
________________

            KLAUS FINDS HIMSELF lying naked in the forest

KLAUS FINDS HIMSELF lying naked in the forest. He looks up at the sun with a grin on his face. Clothes are suddenly thrown at him. He looks back down, meeting eyes with his brother.

"You've been busy." Elijah speaks.

Klaus lets out a laugh, "That was amazing. How long has it been?"

"Almost two days. Full moon came and went. You remained wolf." The older brother responds as Klaus stands up and gets dressed.

"I can change at will, then," the smile never leaves Klaus' face, "It's good to know. I remember every single kill."

Elijah nods, "Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way."

"Just like old times, brother." Klaus begins to look around the woods, as if he was waiting for someone.

The eldest brother cocks his head, "Looking for your girlfriend?"

Klaus gets up in his face, "What did you do with her?"

"You've had your fun. I believe we have a bargain." Elijah smirks.

"That's right. Now, what was it again? Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family." He teases him with a snide look on his face. "Now, where's my girl?"

Elijah speeds off and comes back with her. She immediately smiles, putting her hands on Klaus's cheeks.

"How was it? Was it amazing? You did so great!" Hadiya speaks enthusiastically with a huge grin on her face.

He chuckles softly, "It was spectacular. Thank you, my dear."

"Always," The girls eyes trail over to his brother, "Thank you, Elijah. For saving him. Oh, and me."

She wraps her arms around Elijah's shoulders, pulling him into a hug. The older Mikaelson's eyes look up to his brothers with disappointment. 

"You need to lighten up," Klaus says, "I'll bring you to them soon enough."

                STEFAN ENTERS ALARIC'S apartment. Katherine is sitting on the bed.

"Hello, Katherine." He greets, causing her to get up.

"Two days, I've been waiting. I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead!" She shouts angrily.