20 • before sunset

CHAPTER TWENTY
_______________

             HADIYA HAS BEEN FORCED to spend her day helping Klaus pack up his mansion

HADIYA HAS BEEN FORCED to spend her day helping Klaus pack up his mansion. He's decided to skip town and of course, she has to go with him.

Rebekah storms into the house, "Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me."

"Wasn't he dead?" Hadiya questions while folding some clothes.

"Well, he's not and he's a vampire thanks to mother's spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's strong. Too strong." She says with a worried expression.

"Where is he now?" Klaus asks.

Rebekah replies, "He's stuck at the school without a daylight ring, but as soon as night falls he'll come after us. We need to leave now."

"Fine. I'll collect Elena and we'll be on our way." Hadiya rolls her eyes at his incessant need to have more hybrids.

His sister glares at him. "Forget Elena! You don't need any more stupid hybrids!"

"What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us."

Hadiya groans, "When you two are done talking about your family drama, let me know. I'll be elsewhere."

The heretic walks up to her room, letting the siblings continue their banter. Klaus eventually sneaks out of the house to go collect the doppelgänger. Elena got a call from Alaric, persuading her to come to the school. Some fighting and witch magic later, Elena is now in the middle of Klaus's mansion getting her blood drained.

Elena wakes up. She feels a prick in her arm and gasps. She looks down to see a nurse inserting a needle into her arm.

"What are you doing?" The brunette doppelgänger asks.

Klaus responds, "Draining you of all your blood."

Elena realizes she's tied down in a chair. The blood bag begins to fill up. Hadiya sits next to Klaus with a contemplating look on her face. She doesn't want Elena to die. Tyler walks into the room with a box of Klaus' stuff and stops dead in his tracks when he sees Elena.

Tyler puts the box down and walks towards her. She begs him for help. He stops halfway.

"He can't. He needs to go fetch me more empty blood bags. About three liters' worth, please Tyler." Klaus orders him. Tyler stands there for a moment, then rushes towards Elena. Klaus intercepts him. "Forget the girl and get the bags. Now."

Tyler and Hadiya share a look. She raises her eyebrows, giving him a tiny nod. She's not going to let Elena die. Elena is a Petrova. She will protect her with her life.

Tyler looks at Elena once more, then walks out of the room. Klaus walks behind Elena and grasps the back of the chair.

"So, that's it? You're just gonna bleed me dry." Elena tries to get Hadiya to meet her eyes but she can't.