17 • disturbing behavior

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
_________________

           KLAUS AND STEFAN ARE in a clothing store, drinking champagne and waiting for the girls who are trying on clothes

"There has to be more to this dress." Rebekah shouts. She gets out of the fitting room. She is wearing a short, black dress. "So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Klaus smirked as he took a sip of his drink.

Rebekah looked up, "And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

The boys were unable to answer as Hadiya stepped out of the other dressing room. She came out wearing a black dress that clung to her skin, the fabric reaching her mid thigh with a leather jacket covering her shoulders.

The three vampire's eyes were on her, waiting for someone to make a reaction. Hadiya's eyes landed on Stefan.

"What do you think, Stefan?" A glimmer of hope danced in her eyes as Stefan's held a bit of disappointment.

Stefan pursed his lips, "I think you look just like your sister, Hadiya."

In any other scenario, she would've taken this as a compliment. She aspires to be as amazing as Katerina. But his tone held bitterness and shame. This made the glimmer in her eyes vanish. She nodded, wrapping her arms around her stomach subconsciously.

Rebekah glared at the Salvatore for saying such a thing.

"Well, I think you look lovely, darling. Are we done now?" Klaus spoke, putting the Petrova girl at ease.

"Why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah asked her brother.

The hybrid sighed, "I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it."

"She didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years." Hadiya replies, backing up the blonde girl. Rebekah smiled, pulling her back into the dressing room.

"All right. I'm going to get some fresh air." Stefan gets up.

Klaus pours himself some champagne. Stefan is about to go out and sees Katherine across the street. She motions for him to come over, so he follows her.

Stefan and Katherine start conversing. The Pierce girl noticed a flash of brunette hair walk into the dressing room but she had yet to find out who it was.

"Who's the brunette? Do you miss me that much you had to find another look-alike?" Katherine asked.

Stefan thought Katherine had already knew. "Funny, seeing as it's your sister."

Her face warped into confusion then fear. She could tell he wasn't lying by the tone of his voice.

"How? I thought Emily.."