23 • old faces, new habits

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
_____________________
( hadiya's pov )

                MY TEETH SINK INTO his shoulder as water rains over our heads

                MY TEETH SINK INTO his shoulder as water rains over our heads. I took it upon myself to move into Rebekah's new house as I've grown bored of the Salvatore's boarding house. Me and a human boy I found on the way home occupy my shower. He couldn't seem to give me the pleasure I needed so I decided to eat him instead of screwing him.

Funny thing is that I haven't even needed to compel him yet. He's letting me drain him of his blood. Kinky little fucker.

My hand remains squeezing his neck as I continue to suck at his shoulder. I hear the bathroom door open and I groan.

"Come help me get ready for the party." Rebekah tells me. I'm taken aback at how she thinks she can just order me around.

I turn my head to look at her. "Kinda busy, Bekah. You're starting to sound too much like your brother. It's making me want to tear your head off. Give me a couple minutes. Though, you're more than welcome to join us."

"No!" She slams the door, making me laugh. The boy is at that stage where he's just about to pass out. It's like he's high. His half-hooded eyes look at me, then my lips.

I drag my finger along his jawline. "I hate to remove such a pretty face from this earth."

He wants to panic but he's so physically weak to. I give him a quick smile before drinking the remainder of his blood. I leave his body in the shower, stepping out and getting dressed for the party Rebekah is throwing.

I walk down the stairs, immediately recognizing Stefan's annoyingly good looking face.

A sigh escapes my lips. "Come here to retrieve my humanity?"

"Nope. Drink?" He offers me a red plastic cup full of beer. I scoff at his drink of choice. I make my way over to the good alcohol, taking a sip of vodka.

I wear a fake pondering look. "Do you smell that. It's smells like a burning doppelgänger. Might wanna go check on that."

Stefan speeds to the next room to find Elena's skin burning from the sun. She quickly grabs her daylight ring from the garbage disposal, sliding it onto her finger.

"That's not very sanitary." I shake my head. She glares daggers at me, making her way out of the house with Stefan by her side.

"Leaving so soon?" Rebekah asks as they make it to the doorway.

Elena stops and turns around to face Rebekah. "No. Not just yet. I never got a drink."

She looks at Rebekah, smirking, and walks over to the keg. She places her hands on the sides of the keg and does a handstand. Someone sticks the beer hose in her mouth and she starts to drink as everyone around her starts shouting, "Chug! Chug! Chug!" After a few moments, Elena eventually comes back to the ground and wipes beer from her mouth.