04 • poem of lies

" the way you lie was like salt water in a lake "

I HAD MY HANDS PLACED in my sisters, my back facing her as we ran through the gardens playfully. Laughs erupted from my lips as I let her hands go, sitting myself in one of the yard chairs.

I've missed this. Being able to run around freely without the feeling of being chased or hunted by some maniacal murderer.

Stefan ran around more with Katherine as I had gotten too tired. I could see their bond growing as well as me and his has been. Katherine 'won' when she reached the statue, stopping in her tracks.

"I win, what's my prize." Katherine asked, giggling. I was surprised she didn't knock the statue over with her.

"What would you like it to be?" A voice came from across the yard and I peaked my head over.

Damon?

"They extended your leave?" Stefan questioned his brother shocked to see him back so early.

Damon smiled as he saw me, "I was simply having too much fun to return to battle."

I stood up from my seat rather fast and ran over to the eldest Salvatore, crashing into his arms. He picked me off my feet, spinning me around. Once he let me go Stefan took my place.

I do get quite jealous sometimes of Damon and Stefan's brotherly relationship. I wish it was that easy with me and Katherine.

Katherine took my arm in hers, "Well this works out wonderfully for us."

"How's that, Miss Katherine?" Damon asked, his arm hanging around his brothers shoulder.

"Now we'll have both of you to keep us entertained," My sister giggled as she looked at me, "Quickly now sestra, we shall find us suitors to the founders ball."

As we started to turn away both of the brothers spoke, "With pleasure." "It would be my honor."

I paused with shock but Katherine just giggled again as if this situation was funny rather than embarrassing. I don't want to make one of them feel bad if I don't go with them.

Actually, this might be perfect. Katherine can go with one and I can go with the other. I turned around, facing the two.

"That's so sweet of you both. I wish both of you could accompany me but one of you shall go with Katherine and the other with myself. That sounds only fair." I sent both of them a smile and released myself from Katherine, going back into the boarding house.

I freshened up from playing outside and went to the dining room for dinner. Half of the table was already occupied with guests so I sat down next to Stefan, him being the only person at the table I knew.

I sent him and sweet smile as he pushed back the chair for me to sit. With the proper etiquette, I dug into my dinner. Playing outside has made me vastly hungry.