05 • compelled..?

" you make me feel as if i'm the only person alive "

I LIED ON MY BED like I have been for the past two days. I'm filthy. I haven't changed or tidied up whatsoever. Now that I've fallen into this state I'm afraid I won't be able to get out. It's like an endless cycle.

Until I heard a knock on my door.

"Go away." I shouted out, not even caring to look and see who's there. I am in no mood for visitors.

The door opened against my wishes and in walked what I thought was a delusional fantasy.

"It reeks in here." Delaney said, reaching down to start cleaning my room. I didn't even have to look up from my bed I could recognize her from her voice.

I finally sat up, "Get out, please."

"No. I am not going to let you wallow in your room all alone about some boy. Now get changed, we're going for a walk." She stated, starting to step back to the door, "If you're not up and about within the next two minutes, I will drag you out of that bed."

I groaned and unwillingly started to get myself ready. I lazily tied the strings of my corset and slid on the first dress within my sight range. I already knew my hair was a mess so I just tied it in a braided bun without brushing it. My looks was certainly not the first thing roaming about my mind at the moment.

My eyes actively scanned the house to make sure I didn't see either of the two people I've chose to despise the most today as I walked downstairs. Delaney was waiting for me at the last step.

"Took you long enough." She scoffed slightly, intertwining our arms as she practically dragged me outside.

I let go of her arm, being perfectly capable of walking myself, "So, why did you drag me out here? What is so direly important that you have to tell me beyond the capacity of my room?"

"Quiet down will you," Delaney looked around to make sure nobody was staring, "What I'm about to tell you might just cost me my freedom."

A concerned look washed over my face as I leaned a bit closer to her.

"Katherine's compelling them. Both of them. She's worked her way into their minds, making them her servants as they go on their hands and knees to kiss her bloody feet." She spoke in disgust but also with worry. She's worried about the Salvatore brothers and I doubt she's ever even met them.

My eyes looked at nothing, the information hitting me like a brick wall. Of course she's compelling them. All of the strings connect, everything makes sense. Why Stefan stood me up, why he kissed her, why Damon's been attached to her by the hip. She's playing them both like puppets on a string.

My voice was quiet, soft spoken, "Can you prove it, though?"

"No, and I'm not going to be able to. As much as it pains me to say, Katherine is wise, clever. She won't make a mistake with them, with anything. But, there is one thing." Delaney explained as we started walking to look not as suspicious as we would be if we were just standing there.