25 • after school special

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
                  ___________________
                              (hadiya's pov)

                 AGAINST MY VIOLENT and persistent manor, me and Stefan are now going back to Mystic Falls instead of killing Klaus

                 AGAINST MY VIOLENT and persistent manor, me and Stefan are now going back to Mystic Falls instead of killing Klaus. He is right, though. Elena is a new vampire and is still figuring things out. There is still some unresolved tension between me and Stefan from the way we left things in 1864. I have no right to act on those feelings. He's with Elena.

Stefan decided to take me to the Mystic Grill. For whatever reason, I have no idea. As we're sitting at the bar, his phone rings.

"Hey, you just missed the mandatory school assembly." Caroline says through the phone.

"Who died? And did I kill them?" I ask.

Stefan shakes his head. "Tyler's mother and surprisingly, no. Sorry, Caroline we're a bit busy with day drinking. My brother slept with Elena. It kinda puts a damper on things."

It takes everything in me to not go and beat Elena's ass. Instead, I shove another shot down my throat at the newfound information.

"First of all, you weren't supposed to know that, and second of all, Tyler is already spiraling, and he gets top priority." Caroline vouches for her boyfriend.

Stefan sighs. "His mother just died. What do you expect?"

"I'm his girlfriend. I expect him to talk to me. Instead, he's all angry, and it doesn't help that everyone keeps referring to his mother's death as an accident, which is just a really polite way of saying she was drunk."

"You think Klaus killed her?" Stefan inquires. I roll my eyes at the sound of his name.

"Hmm, I don't think she drowned in her martini glass. Just, get it together. I can't do it alone." Caroline hangs up the phone.

"Just another reason for me to kill him." I say in a sing-song tone.

"You're not helping." He replies. It's just a few moments later when his phone rings again. I hate new age technology.

Rebekah's voice sounds from the device. "Guess who? I'm back, dagger-free, and I'm holding Elena hostage at the high school. Just thought you should know."

"Who the hell was dumb enough to pull that dagger out of you?" Stefan asks.

I avoid my eyes from his. I totally did not use the excuse of apologizing to a friend to go pull the dagger out of Rebekah. She's done nothing wrong and didn't deserve to desiccate in the Salvatore's basement.