15 • the hybrid

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
_______________

                THE TRIO FOUND THEMSELVES hiking a trail in the Smoky Mountains

                THE TRIO FOUND THEMSELVES hiking a trail in the Smoky Mountains. Stefan is carrying an unconscious werewolf over his shoulder.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus teased Stefan who gave him a glare.

Hadiya looks over to him, "Are you sweating? Can vampire's sweat? Oh my, am I sweating?"

"You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." Stefan rolls his eyes at the witch's overthinking.

Klaus tsk's, "So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend."

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." The Salvatore complains which leads Hadiya to nod, agreeing with him.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There." The three stopped as they laid eyes on the werewolf pack. Stefan puts Ray on the ground. A woman rushes over to him.

"Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on?" She looks up, "Who are you?"

"The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

Hadiya groans, "Good god, is everything about you? Hi, I'm Hadiya. It's nice to meet you! If you happen to find a small hole in your boyfriend's penis, I'm not sorry about that."

"You're the hybrids." The woman gasps. Hadiya isn't very fond of the name. She much prefers heretic.

"You've heard of us? Fantastic."

A little while later the group is sitting around, waiting for the werewolf to awake.

"It's fascinating, actually... a werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Klaus informs. Hadiya rolls her eyes.

"It's like he never stops talking." She mouths to Stefan. He lets out a laugh as the werewolf awakes.

"Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic. Stefan?"

Stefan stands up, "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."

"Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride," His eyes land on a man, "You."

He rushes over to him and bites his forearm. Stefan grabs him, throws him on the ground in front of Ray. The woman protests but Hadiya grabs her by the neck.

Stefan crouches down to the man, "If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. Problem is I don't know how to stop."

"It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die." Klaus tells the woman while Hadiya still has a hold of her neck.