3- Broken

Nora's P.O.V.

Ben kissed my shoulder blade as he ran an ice cube down my naked back.

"Babe. Don't do that!" I laughed as a shiver ran throughout my body.

Tonight was our last night in Jamaica. The week here had flown by and we were heading home in the morning. We spent the whole day on the beach and after our romantic dinner, we spent the next hour making love.

"I love you." He said, whispering against my shoulder.

I froze.

"You don't have to say it back. I just wanted you to know how I feel about you."

I turned around so I was laying on my back and smiled up at him.

"I didn't freak you out, did I?"

I bit my lip, shaking my head and pulled him down into a kiss, "I love you too, Ben."

He groaned against my lips, "I'm going to try and see if I can get transferred to Nashville and work remotely from there. I'll still have to travel but, at least I'll still be with you when the stadium is done. If not, I'll find a different job."

"Really?" I said excitedly.

"That is unless you want to move to Chicago?"

"You know I can't."

"I know. I have shit I need to deal with back home. I will take care of that and then I promise you... I'm all yours." He positioned himself at my entrance, entering slowly, making us both moan.

I was confused and wasn't sure what that last comment meant. "Ben, wait. What does that mean?"

He started moving faster, moaning into my neck. "No matter what I have to do, I'm going to find a way for us to be together all the time."

After we both finished, we snuggled into each other. "I know I said I wanted to stay private and out of the news, but I'm ready for people to know about us."

He never responded to what I said, he just held me tight, kissing the top of my head before we fell asleep in each other's arms.

*******
Getting off the plane in Nashville, we grabbed our bags and got into the car I had waiting for us at the airport.

Even though it was cloudy, we put our sunglasses and a baseball cap on when my driver pulled up to the apartment building, hoping if there was paparazzi we would be less noticeable, especially since Ben didn't agree with telling people.

In a way I understood. He was probably scared because he had seen what I alone had been through with the paparazzi in our time together.

"Thank you." I said to the driver as he helped unload our luggage while Ben went inside to get a cart.

Ben placed his hand on my butt and leaned down, kissing my lips and then neck, making me laugh. I pulled him in for another kiss before we pushed the cart up to the lobby doors.

Before going in, I heard a soft woman's voice crack as she spoke. "Ben?"

I turned around as Ben stood there, wide eyed and frozen.

I looked back and forth between them, confused. "Umm, can I help you?"

"Nora, go inside." Ben harshly demanded. He cleared his throat and his face softened again as he ran his hand down my arms. "Please? I'll be right up."

The woman started crying. "Why? Why would you fucking do this to me?"

"Ben, who is that?"

"Umm... umm?" He shook his head, clearly trying to figure out what to say.