39- Family

Nora's P.O.V.

The next morning, I was laying in Brady's arms, both still naked after the night we shared. He finally let me take off the cowboy boots once we got to the bed, but his t-shirt and my cowboy hat stayed on until he took control again.

"I was thinking I might have to come get you from the bar last night, I was surprised you told me you were coming home early."

He laughed, "I only had a few beers and a shot before I left. I wasn't planning on drinking much because I didn't want to get too crazy and have a hangover with your family coming today."

"I'm really excited for you to meet everyone."

"I am too. I met your parents once before but it was a quick introduction and I wasn't dating their daughter at the time."

"They're going to love you. They're the best and actually remind me a lot of your parents." I kissed Brady's chest, "You and Kyson will get along really well too. He's like a big brother to me, so he's a little overprotective but shouldn't hurt you too badly."

He laughed, "And what about Amanda?"

"Ohhh, well she already loves you. She's a lot like me and I apologize in advance, we get sooo loud when we get together and laugh over absolutely nothing sometimes."

"Pure gossip but I remember seeing pictures of you girls out."

"Probably before she married Kyson, and yes... we definitely had fun. Our relationship started out a little bit unorthodox. We've only been friends for a little over six years but I feel like I've known her my whole life, she has been my rock through a lot."

"Jake's been mine too. I know he teases and is a pain in the ass sometimes but he was there for everything, grumpy Brady and all. Don't get me wrong, the others were too but he was the only one that would stand up to me and tell me to stop being an asshole..." he chuckled, "that is, until you came around." He paused for a moment.

"Jakes a good guy. What's wrong though, it looks like you're thinking something?"

"Something is up with Jake but he won't talk to me about it, he just brushes it off. I actually think he might be seeing somebody."

This piqued my interest as I sat up, choosing my words carefully. "You do? What makes you think that?"

He raised his one eyebrow. "Do you know something?"

"What? Why would you ask such a silly question?"

"You do know something don't you?"

"I just asked you what makes you think that? That doesn't necessarily mean that I know something aaaand if I did know something... which I'm not saying that I do know something... maybe I can't tell you that something I know because it's not my something to tell."

He looked at me like I was crazy and then busted out laughing, "And now you're rambling and trying to confuse me, babe. I knew it, I knew something was going on between him and Kassidy. How long?"

My eyes widened. "I know nothing."

"You!"

He rolled me over onto my back and started tickling me, making me laugh. "Brady! Stop!"

"Are you going to tell me?"

"Never!" I started laughing again as Brady kept tickling. "I really don't know anything. She never told me they talked."

He stopped ticking. "What do you mean, talked?"

"Gosh, Brady. Please. And why do you think he's seeing someone?"