23- Girls just wanna to have fun

Nora's P.O.V.

Today was Friday, which meant tonight Jenna, Kassidy and I were going out and I was beyond excited to have some girls time with these two ladies.

I didn't get up and go running this morning. I've been getting up early in the morning for a run with Charlie and then going to the Montgomerys for the past four days to help with Spook so I was taking the day off since I was planning on a very late night with the girls.

Spook had very little progress this week but we both knew it was going to take some time.

Hanging up from my Mom, I facetimed Amanda as I got dressed.

"Those capri jeans make your ass look so good." Amanda said.

"I wasn't going for that but okay."

Maybe Brady would notice? Shaking away that thought, I changed into a different tank.

"What do you think about this top?"

"Why are you not wearing a dress like you would normally wear to a bar?"

"Ahhh because I don't want to have men hitting on me." I replied honestly.

Giving me a bored look, "What about that one guy you told me about? Brody?"

"Brady. And what exactly did I tell you? His name and how he was a grumpy butthead."

"It's the way you talked about him. Ellie, there was a spark in your eye."

"Yeah, fire because I was mad at him."

"You forget I'm your best friend and I know everything, especially when you're interested in somebody."

"You're delusional..."

"What?"

"Don't freak out because it was seriously nothing... but Brady and I went out on a non date a few days ago."

She smiled from ear to ear and regretted even telling her. Even Jenna and Kassidy blew it into something it wasn't.

"A non date? What does that even mean?"

"Just friends, getting to know each other because I'm sure he felt like a horse's butt for treating me the way he did."

"Ahh huh."

"Anyways... how about this tank top, you never answered me."

"It's cute. I love it. You should wear heels." She pointed behind me. "Those ones over there that I see in your closet."

I went over and slid them on and modeled them, putting on a black straw cowboy hat Kassidy was letting me borrow.

"Okay only you can pull off hats like you do."

"I don't particularly like this, but I don't have an option."

"I can't believe no one's recognized you yet."

"I'm actually quite shocked myself. I decided that if someone does recognize me, oh well. I like hanging out with the Montgomerys. Legally if the paparazzi finds out where I am they can't come onto my property without my consent because I will take legal action against all of them. I mean obviously I don't want anybody knowing where I am because I've actually enjoyed this time to myself."

"I get it. You seem happy again. I'm kind of jealous, I really wish I was going out with you girls tonight."

"Oh my God... you should totally come here this summer and we can all go out. I'll fly you and Kyson out here. I think he would get along really well with the guys here."