29- Surgery

Nora's P.O.V.

"DUDE! You are the biggest bed hog!" I groaned, trying to move so I could get at least an inch of the bed to myself. "Stay!"

I flipped over so I was on my stomach, trying to get comfortable again. I let out a content sigh and snuggled back into my pillow.

Today was Monday, the day of Brady's surgery. Jake and Brady brought Charlie over yesterday because he was going to spend the next few weeks with me while Brady recovered and I didn't want him to have to worry about Charlie during that time. Plus I knew the others would be busy also between the ranch and going back and forth to the hospital, so I insisted.

I felt Charlie get up, circling a few times on the bed before he laid back down and placed his head on the back of my neck, trying to get as close to me as possible.

My eyes widened, "Are you comfortable?" I turned back towards him and he started licking my face, making me laugh. "You're lucky I like you."

Since I wasn't getting any more sleep, I got up, went into the bathroom and sat down on the toilet when I heard Charlie's nails on the floor. He sat down in front of the door, staring at me as I did my business.

"I think you're worse than a child." I teased.

I wiped the sleep from my eyes as I finished. After I washed my hands I grabbed a blanket from the back of the couch, wrapped it around me and took Charlie outside.

I smiled as I took in a deep breath of the cool summer air. The sun was shining and the birds chirped as I looked out into the mountains.

This really was the most peaceful place on earth.

We went back inside after he went to the bathroom. We both ate, I made a cup of coffee and then I took Charlie back outside so he could play and run as I threw the ball for him.

I was texting back and forth with Kassidy while Charlie explored. She told me that the doctor just came out and said everything went great with Brady's surgery, he just woke up and they were heading into his room to see him.

I was happy she was keeping me up to date because Brady was on my mind. To be honest he's been on my mind a lot lately but even more so today and I was finally able to relax knowing he made it out of surgery okay.

"Come on, boy." I called Charlie back, throwing him his ball and bone and got started on painting the railing around the deck with Charlie beside me.

Later that afternoon, I went into the bathroom to take a shower; making sure to close the door behind me so Charlie didn't jump in with me like last time.

After my shower I got dressed and decided to head into town. I had ordered something for Brady that I wanted to give to him and see how he was doing.

"Be a good boy. I'll be back soon."

*******

I headed into the hospital. Kassi had given me his room number earlier today. I got up to his floor, suddenly nervous again.

"Hey."

I looked to see Kassidy coming around the corner.

"Hey. What are you doing?"

"I just left from seeing Brady."

"How's he doing?"

"Really good. He seems so happy, probably because it's over and he's on the final stretch to being able to walk again."

"I'm so happy for him."

"Brady has some company but just walk in, I know he will like seeing you."

"Okay. Hey, I didn't get the chance to ask, what happened between you and Jake on Saturday?"