30- The bonfire

Brady's P.O.V.

Eleanor Thornton... the woman that's wiggled her way into my heart and made it beat again.

Before Eleanor got to the bar, I tipped the DJ and gave him strict instructions that once I got my girl to dance with me, play whatever romantic slow country song he wanted. As the night went on I was beginning to think that wasn't going to happen. I waited almost all night to talk with her and when she turned Louis down for a dance and instantly said yes to me, it made me the happiest man on the planet.

I didn't want our song to end. I never planned on kissing her but when she looked at me... that was it, my lips met hers and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face no matter how hard I tried.

And I craved more.

Eleanor was beyond anyone I've ever met before. Then when she admitted her feelings for me in the hospital too, nothing could ruin my mood.

Except for the not kissing part. I was going to have to change her mind about that one because that just wasn't going to do. I was determined to show her I wasn't going to hurt her like her ex had... just like how I knew she was nothing like mine.

*******

Movement is critical to proper healing after spinal surgery so the nurses had me up and moving as much as I could the day after my surgery, which wasn't a lot because I was still in pain. The incision area was extremely sensitive, which also caused some temporary leg pain.

As Eleanor would have said, 'I was grumpy' and I knew I was.

Eleanor came to visit me every day I was there, which helped my mood. Then we texted back or talked on the phone quite a bit once visiting hours were over, which made my nights go by faster.

It's now been three weeks since my surgery. The pain was very minimal and I still didn't have full mobility but it was slowly coming back. Doctor Barrett said after this surgery it could take three to four months, possibly longer to fully heal and I was already taking quite a few steps by myself so I was very optimistic and I just had to trust in this process.

It was a weird feeling, having to learn to walk again. You would think it would come naturally since I did it for twenty five years but my brain told me to do it one way and my body was telling me another.

"Ouch!" I teased as Eleanor helped put my back brace back on after changing the bandage.

"Brady!" Eleanor jumped, making me laugh as she playfully swatted my shoulder. "Oh hush, you big baby."

All I could do was laugh, "Why are you so jumpy all of the time?"

"I don't know? I've always been like that."

"I'm guessing you don't watch any scary movies?"

Her eyes widened and shook her head. "No! Absolutely not."

"What kind of movies do you like? The romantic lovey-dovey ones?"

"Yes, but I like all different genres though... just not the scary ones, especially ones that involve kids. Well, except the 'Six Sense'. Even though I was terrified in a few parts, that was a really good movie."

I smiled at how cute she was. "You're funny."

"Plus, Bruce Willis is extremely good looking. Sooo." She gave me that adorable smile of hers before shrugging her shoulders. "Does the back brace feel alright?"

"Yes. Thank you."

She came close to me as I stood up by myself and walked over to my wheelchair. I stood behind it, pushing it out and up to the house while Charlie followed close behind.