12- An unexpected letter

Brady's P.O.V.

Jake was right, Eleanor smelled heavenly.

When I saw her walk in the house with Jenna, I wheeled as fast as I could over to the house so I could see what was going on and why she was here.

Or that's what I kept telling myself anyway.

I couldn't peel my eyes away from the goddess that was standing in front of me. Her smile as she stood there talking to my parents and Jenna, I've never seen anyone so beautiful.

For whatever reason, Eleanor peaked my interest and looked so familiar to me but I couldn't quite seem to put my finger on it.

"How are you doing sweetie?" Mom asked, kissing the top of my head before sitting down next to me.

"Fine."

"How's it going with Melissa?"

I rolled my eyes. "I can't wait until I don't need a fuc…" Mom raised an eyebrow at me, warning me to finish that sentence differently. "Fabulous babysitter anymore."

She nodded in approval at my wording. "Honey, just a month and then fingers crossed it will be over with."

"Yeah." I wasn't holding my breath. The worst thing I could have done was Google spinal injuries. Late night pains and me inside my own head wasn't a good combo.

"Have I ever met that woman before?" I pointed towards the door Eleanor just walked out of.

"Eleanor? I don't think so."

"She looks so familiar."

"Well you worked a lot with Henry. Did he ever talk about her?"

I nodded. "A lot, actually."

"Maybe since he talked so much about her you feel like you know her. Dad and I have only seen her a few times but I know she came one or two more times for Christmas because Henry and Eleanor talked about their holiday with family."

"I don't think that's it."

"She's single." Jenna said as she put dinner into the oven.

"Point?" I replied, sarcastically.

"No point, just saying." She smiled, popping a grape in her mouth.

"I'm not interested." That was partly true. Ever since Tori left, I hadn't even looked another woman's way and it wasn't because I missed her… fuck that, it was because I didn't have time for a woman and I sure as hell didn't want her to take care of me.

"Okay." Jenna said, smiling like she always does.

Mom smiled too and looked towards my father.

"What?"

"Nothing dear."

*******

"Come on buddy." I scoffed, trying to get closer into the fenced area.

"Brady, I strongly advise you to not go in there." Melissa warned, holding my wheelchair back.

The men brought in a lone horse around the age of five that they found while moving cattle last fall. We're guessing he got separated from his family during a wolf attack since he had a few scars that we treated but anything I did or tried never seemed to calm him down.

"He needs my help." I argued.

"Sir."

I snapped my head towards Melissa, "Do I look like my father? Stop fucking calling me that."