26- A special meaning

Nora's P.O.V.

The last few days with Brady have gone really well. After we worked with Spook, we went back to his house, ate lunch and then spent hours talking about growing up and anything else we could think about.

He wasn't really the grump I thought he would be.

As Brady told stories about Henry, I remembered hearing some of the same ones from Henry and it made me laugh. I liked that Grandpa was so close to Brady because I loved hearing all these memories he had of them too.

This morning, Brady had a doctor's appointment and we were heading to the TwoStep for lunch before we went back to my place to start staining the deck.

I pulled into the parking spot at the bar, seeing Jenna was working today. Brady got out and I helped close his door for him before going up to the door together.

Jenna waved as I opened the door, accidentally bumping Brady's wheelchair with the door, making him groan in pain.

I let the door close and went over to Brady's side. "Oh my God, Brady. Are you alright? I'm so sorry."

He busted out laughing and held his stomach. He tried talking but couldn't because he was laughing so hard.

"What!" I squealed.

"I'm sorry." He said, still laughing. I kicked the door a little when you opened it, that was an asshole move."

I held my heart. "You're a butthead. I thought I hurt you! Can you at least make an effort not to scare the hell out of me on a daily basis, please."

"I promise not to scare the hell out of you on a daily basis... From now on."

I glared at him and opened the door again.

"What happened?" Jenna asked as we went inside.

Noticing a few people here, I whispered. "Your brother-in-law is an ass."

He pointed at me and smiled at Jenna. "Eleanor is so funny. Hey Sis."

She looked between the two of us and smiled. "Follow me. Do you guys want a menu?"

I moved a chair out for Brady so he could scoot right up to the table. "I don't need one. I'm going to get the Montana Cowboy, fries and a mountain dew, please."

"Oh that sounds good. I want one of those too." Brady added. "I'm paying." He handed Jenna the money.

"Okay. I'll put that in. Brady, how did the appointment go today?"

"Good. Doc said I'm on track. I guess I only have one more appointment before the surgery."

"Oh that's so great."

"I'm thinking it's the new nurse he has during the day. I'm just saying!" I said, smiling up at Jenna.

"Oh, I have no doubt." She agreed, smiling. "I'll go get you those drinks."

She left and I did everything not to look at Brady.

"Are you still mad? I'm sorry, I was just messing with you."

"You remember, paybacks are a bitch and I will get my revenge on you, Brady Montgomery."

"I'm scared." He teased.

"You should be. It would be different if I didn't think I hurt you so badly that I could have messed something up where you couldn't have your surgery. Butthead!"

He continued to laugh, clearly not scared of me one bit.

"Not today, not tomorrow... but someday Mr."