15- Taco's

Nora's P.O.V.

The next day, I woke up early and started laying the plastic down around the outside of the house in the landscaping.

I was tired. When I got home from the Montgomery house last night, I had a glass of wine and I was ready to sleep but as soon as my head hit my pillow, I was wide awake.

Brady's question was on my mind and I wasn't sure if this was a good idea to help him or not. One, I didn't know much about horses and secondly I didn't want Brady to hate me even more because I didn't know what I was doing. Maybe this was a good way to get to know him though so he at least smiled when he saw me.

His smile... thoughts of the picture I found of him on Instagram smiling warmed my insides.

Shaking him from my thoughts, I shoveled the rock into the wheelbarrow, bringing it up to the house and dumped it out onto the plastic.

Hours later and many trips back and forth, I had all the rock picked up and put around the house. I took the rake and straightened out my last pile around the bushes.

Wiping the sweat from my forehead, I stood back... admiring what I got done today. Unfortunately my body was feeling it too.

I put the tools and wheelbarrow in the shed and went into the house. I washed my hands and made something quick to eat.

After dinner, I poured myself a glass of wine, took some pain relievers and ran myself a nice hot bubble bath, hoping that the warm water would help my sore, aching muscles. Drying off, I dropped my towel on the floor and crawled into my bed... not even Brady Montgomery would stop the sleep I so desperately needed tonight.

*******

I woke up refreshed. I took a shower, washed my hair, shaved and got dressed for the day.

I had just started making myself a mimosa when there was a knock on my door.

"Coming." I went over to the door, smiling as I saw Kassidy on the other side. "Good morning."

"Yep! I'm still super excited. I woke up this morning thinking I was just dreaming and you really weren't here."

"You are too funny. Please come in. Would you like a mimosa? I have lots."

"Yes, please."

I poured her glass, added a cherry and a pineapple slice to the top and handed it to her. I made mine next and we walked out onto the porch and sat down together.

"Holy crap, this is delicious."

I giggled as I tried to reposition myself on the chair so I was more comfortable. "Thanks. These are my favorite."

"Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, I'm a little sore. I just have to get up and move. I finished the landscaping around this place yesterday and it kicked my butt."

"It looks amazing though."

"Thank you. I'm going to mow later today and then..." I pointed at the barn, "tackle that tomorrow."

"Why don't you hire someone?"

"Oh trust me, I thought about it. It gives me something to do though. By the way, I want to thank you again for not outing me at your parents house the other night."

"It's not really my secret to tell and I understand why you don't want people knowing who you are but my parents wouldn't tell anyone."

"I know they wouldn't... but they know a lot of people and if it somehow got out, I don't want the paparazzi here. I'm not ready to answer everyone's questions about Ben. I kind of came here to get away from it all and luckily for me I have a big break so I'm going to use it, you know."