28- Night out/ Part 2

Nora's P.O.V.

Jake and I went walking back over to the group. I looked around, noticing Kassidy wasn't sitting here anymore.

"Where did Kassi go?"

Jenna smiled, "She said she needed some air."

"I'm going to go see if she's doing okay."

I walked outside and saw Kassidy sitting on a parking block looking out into space. "Hey you."

She looked up at me and smiled. "Hey."

I sat down next to her for a few minutes before I decided to break the silence. "Kass, you know I would never do anything to come in between you and Jake, right?"

"I've come to realize that Jake and I are not going to happen. He doesn't even try, not like he does with you."

"Jakes not into me and I'm not interested in him… at all. He likes to mess with Brady, I don't know… boys are so weird."

She looked ahead, deep in thought. "That's really good because I kind of want you with Brady. Brady likes you, even though he won't admit it. I know Jake likes to rile him up about it because he does it a lot back at home. Was that what he was doing in there?"

"Yes."

There was another long pause, "I'm so shy, Ellie. I couldn't even flirt when I was drunk. I have no idea what I'm doing."

"Well that guy was engaged…"

She turned towards me quickly. "Can you help me?"

"Me?"

"You're so confident, I see you and Brady are flirting like crazy in there."

Well I couldn't really deny that.

"If I tried giving Jake googly eyes like that I'd look like a… goat."

I busted out laughing, earning a glare. "Sorry! A goat?"

She groaned, "It's useless."

"Why don't you go in there and ask Jake to dance?"

I could tell she was thinking about it, "I can do that."

"You guys definitely need to talk about what happened between the two of you and what you want before you start flirting with him. Once all that is figured out, I'll help further but I think he likes you so you shouldn't worry so much."

"I'm just scared he's going to tell me it was an accident and we never should have kissed."

I really felt that wasn't the case but she needed to hear it from him. "Just talk to him."

She nodded, "I'll try. Thank you."

"I didn't really do anything but if you ever need anything you know where I am."

We went back inside together. A few spots were open so I took the seat next to Brady. 

"Hey stranger." Brady said as I sat down next to him.

"Hi. Are you having a good time?"

"I am. You look like you're having a good time up there." He pointed at the dance floor.

"Yeah, I really like to dance."

"You're good at it."

I smiled, knowing he was probably watching more than I had thought. "Thank you."

"Kassidy, would you like to dance?" Jake offered as he stood up.

Her eyes widened. "Oh, yeah I guess."