37- Falling Hard

Nora's P.O.V.

"Ben?"

There he was, staring back at me.

He looked tired, like he hadn't slept in days.

"Hi, Nora."

"You have some nerve showing up here."

He glared over at Brady. His eyes traveled down to Brady and my interlocked hands then back up to me. "Nora, baby... I don't know what I have to do to prove to you how much I love you and that I'm so sorry I hurt-"

I cut him off. "STOP!" How dare he! "You need to leave." I said, clenching my jaw, wishing everyone behind me would just go inside so they didn't see this.

"I miss you. I came all this way so I could talk with you and make this right again."

"How did you even find me?"

"I went to your parents house looking for you the other day and saw the postcard you had sent to them, knowing that's your thing you do when you're on tour. Then I remembered back to our past conversations and how you talked about your grandparents' Montana ranch. I put two and two together."

I closed my eyes. I was pissed that he found me and wondered why my parents never told me he went there looking for me.

"The police officer stopped by your place while I was waiting for you and he told me you hang out here sometime too..." He glared over at Brady again. "I guess he was right."

My security system. He must have tried going into my home, setting off an alarm that alerted the police. My phone didn't tell me because we were out on the horses and there was no reception.

"Can we go back to your place, alone and talk? Please, give me a chance to explain."

I let go of Brady's hand and stormed towards Ben, even though I wanted to stay as far away from him as possible.

Greg, Jake and a few other guys followed me and I heard Ed telling Brady to stay back, which I was grateful for. The last thing I wanted was Ben going after Brady and hurting his back.

I was shaking as I picked up Rhett's baseball bat that was laying in the grass as I made my way over. I stopped just a few feet away and pointed the bat at Ben. "You lied to me. You cheated on me and your wife... and you have the nerve to even try and get back together with me?" My voice cracked.

I felt like crying, not because I was sad over Ben anymore... trust me I've moved past that. I was pissed because of the nerve of this prick.

"THEY CALLED ME A FUCKING HOMEWRECKER, BEN! How do you think that made me feel when I didn't even know about her? We have been over this before so I'm not going to sit there and explain why this is not going to happen again because you already know why... and I'll never forgive you no matter what bullshit you spew out. Go home to your wife and son..." mentally doing the math in my head she was around seven months pregnant now. "Did you find out what you're having, yet?"

He looked down. "A girl."

I nodded and glared. "Man up and go home to your family and leave me the hell alone."

"Layne won't even talk to me anymore-"

"Hmmm, I wonder why that is!" I said sarcastically.

"It doesn't even matter because I already chose you. I'll always choose you, Nora!"

I shook my head. "We've been over this already. You lost me the moment you lied to me." I saw Greg and Jake in the corner of my eyes, still close behind.