19- An invitation

Nora's P.O.V.

🎶Landslide - Fleetwood Mac 🎶

🎵I took my love, I took it down
I climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills
'Til the landslide brought me down
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Well, I've been afraid of changin'
'Cause I've built my life around you🎵

This was one of my favorite songs. It was a song about the changes and challenges of life and it couldn't be more perfect right now.

🎵Oh-oh, take my love, take it down
Oh-oh, climb a mountain and you turn around
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, the landslide bring it down
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, the landslide bring it down
Oh-ohh, the landslide bring it down
Oh-ohh, the landslide bring it down 🎵

"Wow!" I heard a voice say as I stopped singing.

I jumped, letting out a scream as I turned to see Brady coming around the corner. Placing my hand on my heart to help calm my nerves, I glared over at him.

What was he doing here?

"Brady?" I started petting Charlie as he came up to me. "Are you going to make it a habit of scaring the shit out of me? What are you doing here? If you came to call me a spoiled princess again or fight with me... save your breath. I'm not afraid to hit a person in a wheelchair."

Oh my gosh... why would I say that? I would never seriously do that!

Realizing I didn't have a hat on, I self consciously played with my short hair. Untucking it from the back of my ear, I turned away so I was looking at Charlie again.

He started laughing as he rolled up beside me, "I'm an ass."

"Looks like we finally agree on something."

I ran my fingers through Charlie's hair and messaged the back of his ears.

"You have a beautiful voice."

My eyes widened and I didn't know what the hell to say.

"You should go on American idol or something. Have you ever thought about doing that?"

I tried not smirking as I looked over at him. "Thanks, and no I haven't."

"Well you should. I bet you'd have a good shot at winning." He sounded so sincere, which was new for him.

"Yeah, maybe."

He still didn't answer me on why he was here. I'm glad he brought Charlie though because we settled into an uncomfortable silence and I kept myself busy petting him.

"Look... I am truly sorry." Brady finally said, breaking the silence.

"For?"

"I never should have asked you any of that because you're right, it's none of my business."

I looked over at him. "And?"

"And I never should have put you on the spot in front of everyone like I did either." I just stared back at him as he continued. "I really have no good excuse for my behavior and should have respected you enough to not butt into your life. Henry is probably rolling around in his grave at the way I've treated you... I was really close with him, did you know?"

I nodded. "He talked about you quite a bit, you and Greg."

He smiled, "He talked about you a lot too. None stop actually, so much that I felt like I personally knew you. Anyways... I brought you a peace offering." Brady reached down in the side pocket of his wheelchair, brought out a white bag and handed them to me. "Donuts from the carnival. They're still warm... I made Greg go before we came over here."